Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Sport Quads and mud

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport Quads and mud

yeah i knwo i heard about the balloon tires on em so i would prolly get some holeshot H-D..ive heard good things bout them.

Old 09-18-2005, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: HooPharted
lol,i got ya now,,,i thought that may have been what you were talking about

we have some soup holes here,that vary from 30 to 60 foot stretch's,,,,,some are around 1 to 1 1/2 feet,no way a sport quad has a chance (many have tried),,one in particular comes up to the seat of my bike,,,,every bike that has ever tried it,got stuck,,,,,it cost me a couple grand in mods,and Mudzilla tire's to get through it (over a $50 bet),and im still the only one that made it,,and i remind them every chance i get,lol,,,,bragging rights are priceless
haha yeah..i know i wouldnt have a chance in anything liek that...i wouldnt even try..but yeah liek foot foot in a half deep 4 foot long water ones are liek whats round here.

Old 09-18-2005, 10:06 PM
Range Rover

i would have to say u should get a warrior i have 1 now it has a fmf slip on and jetted i ride with 2 polaris 400s and a 400 ex with 440 kit and all suped up i actually beat all in tight trails the 440e beats me in accel and a lil in topspeed but not much i beat the polaris pretty bad my warrior is good for 1-5 ft jumps with a lighht rider like me i can go a lil higher i have garbage tires on now but surprisingly it goes pretty good through mud at long at the back wires dont get wet ur good a lil wire cover fixedthat prob though but 1-1 1/2 of water ull be fine warriors are also awsome at hill climbing i can oot climb both polaris,s and the 440ex and also a ozark and a bayue i was able to make it up hills easier and faster and up a few they couldnt so if ur lookin for good tight trail riding with reverse decent speed decent jumping good hill climbing mudding and its also very stable very hard to flip ive had it spin out in wet grass and i thought it was gonna flip but it didnt it just did a 540 lol it was scary but warrior all the way o and also did i mention their built like tanks

Old 09-18-2005, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

they never try the deep one,,,but they always get stuck in the 1 to 1 1/2 holes,,,its too far for the bike to go,they start to basically plow the mud and lose speed,and there done,no 4x4

Old 09-18-2005, 10:09 PM
Trailblazer

Hole shots are more for racing i would go with a pair of narlies or maxxis big horn rears

Old 09-18-2005, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: speedped79
i would have to say u should get a warrior i have 1 now it has a fmf slip on and jetted i ride with 2 polaris 400s and a 400 ex with 440 kit and all suped up i actually beat all in tight trails the 440e beats me in accel and a lil in topspeed but not much i beat the polaris pretty bad my warrior is good for 1-5 ft jumps with a lighht rider like me i can go a lil higher i have garbage tires on now but surprisingly it goes pretty good through mud at long at the back wires dont get wet ur good a lil wire cover fixedthat prob though but 1-1 1/2 of water ull be fine warriors are also awsome at hill climbing i can oot climb both polaris,s and the 440ex and also a ozark and a bayue i was able to make it up hills easier and faster and up a few they couldnt so if ur lookin for good tight trail riding with reverse decent speed decent jumping good hill climbing mudding and its also very stable very hard to flip ive had it spin out in wet grass and i thought it was gonna flip but it didnt it just did a 540 lol it was scary but warrior all the way o and also did i mention their built like tanks

Thanks ill hafta look around and see if i can find any warriors..if not ill hafta get more info on here on the blaster and 300ex..lol..which one you [ick outta those two for the stuff i said earlier?

Old 09-18-2005, 10:11 PM
Trailblazer

http://www.atv-tires-superstore.com/...atv-tires.html
Go to the maxxis part.there are allso other good mud tires

Old 09-18-2005, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

how would Razrs do? I hear good things bout them too

Old 09-18-2005, 10:14 PM