Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Anybody have a good Idea on how much hp I have

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 01:14 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody have a good Idea on how much hp I have

My mods are in my sig. I am thinking 60 with no drugs and 80 with. I have no idea on the torque though. But that is just my guess. I am bassically just wanting to know where I should be because I am going to dyno the bike and tune it some on the dyno. I just need some realistic numbers to shoot for. Thanks.

Old 10-11-2005, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you're in the ball park.55 or 60 should be very possible without the nitrous.Maybe more.

Old 10-11-2005, 02:53 AM
Pro Rider

its all depends. who ported your head? and why are you running the +1mm valves theri are hurting you mroe and their are doing you good. and get ride of the crap of a exhaust and you could hit 60.

a well built 686 on stock carbs with a superior exhaust is going to hit 60. you would be lucky to hit that. my guess is 55, with the T-4 on their, and 62 with the NOS, but it also depends on what size jet on the NOS your running.

Old 10-11-2005, 03:16 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like an awsome bike.

Old 10-11-2005, 05:05 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Starky
I don't mean to be a smart ***, but it's going to come out that way. Did you buy that bike with all that stuff on it. I just don't see how you could put that much junk into a motor and not have any idea what kind of horse power it is producing.
Like CT said, some of the stuff that you have on your bike are probably doing more more to rob power than to gain power.
Your Sig. looks like an Ebay shopping list. If you did the mods, what was the result of the changes.
I don't mean to offend you, just curious how you got to where you are in the mods.
Little harsh there?

Old 10-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: thedieselkid I am thinking 60 with no drugs and 80 with.
Just say NO to drugs!!!!!
I know I did..................................... But they just wouldn't listen.....
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 10-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

Going 200mph on a banshee while doing drugs.You must be nuts.I know.200 is underestimating your banshee.LOL!

Old 10-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: thedieselkid
My mods are in my sig. I am thinking 60 with no drugs and 80 with. I have no idea on the torque though. But that is just my guess. I am bassically just wanting to know where I should be because I am going to dyno the bike and tune it some on the dyno. I just need some realistic numbers to shoot for. Thanks.
Upper 50's w/o juice, +15hp with a 20 shot from the boondockers kit so its concievable that you will near 75hp on the bottle.

I'm not sure what the problem is with some of the other posters in the thread, I see no reason why they should have attacked you or your build. I'd just disregard their comments.

Old 10-11-2005, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

maddog the conflict arises again. he wont reach number with that exhaust....EVER.
'
a craycraft/kenz 686 makes 60hp on the dyno, with the barkers on.

almost 60hp on a T-4 exhaust, wow, thats a statement.

he better have some massive porting and a huge cam to reach that number...oh wait he doesnt?

Maybe he left out the fact he has FCR's, but he didnt.

I'm not sure of the hp output on the NOS, cuz he doesnt know teh jetting, and you can judge NOS without a great exhaust to back it up.

im certain though he isnt going to hit 60hp unless it was built by a reputable builder, and he gets rid of the +1 valves...

So who did the mystery build?

Old 10-11-2005, 10:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Don't let this pointless post show two good guy's bad sides..........come on guys......

Quick Reply: Anybody have a good Idea on how much hp I have