Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New Raptor 700 ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 08:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Raptor 700 ?

I havent really been riding much in the last couple years. Damned carpal tunnel was catching up and even a year after surgery it's still not 100%.

How does the new Raptor stack up to a decent 686 with carbs?

I've got a 58RWHP 01 Raptor ( still on the stock trans!) and am pretty curious how it's gonna compare when I finally get her out to the dunes again in the spring.

Is the engine on the new Raptor anything like the old 660 or is it a completely new beast?

Old 12-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default New Raptor 700 ?

Well Mark... when you're ready, we can compare them side by side. I just bought a new 700R yesterday.

-Chad

Old 12-04-2005, 12:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....
Default New Raptor 700 ?

Originally posted by: nwquadriders
Well Mark... when you're ready, we can compare them side by side. I just bought a new 700R yesterday.

-Chad
Congrats Chad on the purchase of the NEW quad..........

From what I've seen with this new 700 "IT RIPS"........If ya do any aftermarket stuff to it, invest in the power commander III, That way you can adjust your fuel curve accordingly......

Check with Happarap & RaptorRandy they both have 700's & have invested allot of time into tuning it.......

Later BigD [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Raptor 700 ?

But is it the same engine with a new fuel system or completely different?

Old 12-04-2005, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Raptor 700 ?

Originally posted by: Mr45auto
Completely different, it shares nothing with the 660 that I've found other than maybe the oil tank, which is in a different location.

Old 12-04-2005, 04:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Raptor 700 ?

Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27
Completely different, it shares nothing with the 660 that I've found other than maybe the oil tank, which is in a different location.
From what I've seen it's the same basic engine design with an extra counterbalancer, new head, and other minor changes.

Old 12-04-2005, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Raptor 700 ?

Originally posted by: maddog56
Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27
From what I've seen it's the same basic engine design with an extra counterbalancer, new head, and other minor changes.
Have you had or seen one apart yet? I've owned both the 660 and the 700R , take my word for it, it's a totally different engine than the 660R [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 12-04-2005, 05:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Raptor 700 ?

I havent been inside one personally yet, just seen a few pictures from a friend online and taking his word for the rest.

Old 12-04-2005, 09:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default New Raptor 700 ?

Originally posted by: Bigdaddy660R

-Chad

From what I've seen with this new 700 "IT RIPS"........If ya do any aftermarket stuff to it, invest in the power commander III, That way you can adjust your fuel curve accordingly......

Check with Happarap & RaptorRandy they both have 700's & have invested allot of time into tuning it.......

Hey Big D, long time no see... I don't spend much time on this site, but I've been in search of info on aftermarket goodies for my new quad. My boss knew I was getting a new quad so he gave me a $200 gift card to Beaverton Honda/Yamaha... I went in and got the pro flow air filter kit today. I'm hoping I don't need to get an aftermarket EFI controller until I buy my pipe....my guess is it will be fine with just the filter, but I was thinking I'd get the TFI controller from Dobeck (spelling???). Next time you, Larry, and the gang make it down south drop me a line...it'd be good to ride with you folks again.

Out of curiosity...what paddles did Happarap and RaptorRandy put on the new 700's... I'm leaning towards a 22x11x8 Hauler with 7 or 8 paddles...

Old 12-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Raptor 700 ?

Originally posted by: Bigdaddy660R

-Chad

Hey Big D, long time no see... I don't spend much time on this site, but I've been in search of info on aftermarket goodies for my new quad. My boss knew I was getting a new quad so he gave me a $200 gift card to Beaverton Honda/Yamaha... I went in and got the pro flow air filter kit today. I'm hoping I don't need to get an aftermarket EFI controller until I buy my pipe....my guess is it will be fine with just the filter, but I was thinking I'd get the TFI controller from Dobeck (spelling???). Next time you, Larry, and the gang make it down south drop me a line...it'd be good to ride with you folks again.

Out of curiosity...what paddles did Happarap and RaptorRandy put on the new 700's... I'm leaning towards a 22x11x8 Hauler with 7 or 8 paddles...
Haps got 22 x 11 haulers not sure if there 8's or 10's and he put a YFZ450 40 tooth rear sprocket on it.
I have sand stars for now 20'x10' with stock gearing. I'm going to be getting a set of haulers before my next trip.

As for the controller I like the PC III USB over the dobeck it's more sophisticated and has a lot more head room for future mods. It's also simple to set up and use. Hap found out on our last trip that you can't even get away with a high flow filter with out a controller. They go real lean in a hurry.

Quick Reply: New Raptor 700 ?