Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

when tors unplugged idle goes crazy even with idle screw all the way out

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 06:57 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default when tors unplugged idle goes crazy even with idle screw all the way out

when I unplugged the tors on my blaster the idle goes crazy like it revs outand when its plugged in it wont idle at all meaning i think the tors is killing the spark but i dont know why when its unplugged it idles nuts and wont adjust at all

any ideas

thanks for your help

Old 12-06-2005, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default when tors unplugged idle goes crazy even with idle screw all the way out

did u ever happen to try to adjust the screw on the tors unit? that might be your problem. It also could mean that your throttle cable is stuck wide open...that is wut the tors does...if the throttle is wide open it kills the spark or something similiar to that.

Old 12-07-2005, 10:33 AM
Trailblazer

"did u ever happen to try to adjust the screw on the tors unit? that might be your problem. It also could mean that your throttle cable is stuck wide open...that is wut the tors does...if the throttle is wide open it kills the spark or something similiar to that"

my throttle cable feels pretty tight has a very tiny bit of play and was melted partially to the exhaust so i have the screw on the tors all the way counterclockwise and when its unplugged the idle just goes crazy and when its plugged in it wont idle at all. i thought i had an airleak because when i unplugged the tors the idle slowly rose and then it was reving out. so i shut off the bike and plugged it back in and now it wont idle again. any ideas what could be wrong with it??