Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

how are banshees at jumping

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 06:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how are banshees at jumping

Hello, I was wondering how banshees are at jumping? Is the weight an issue or is it all shocks, or both. Any way to make a banshee as good a jumper as say a yamaha or honda 450? thanks

Old 09-28-2005, 06:44 PM
Air
Pro Rider

It is not a weight issue, it is more of a steering geometry problem that and poor shocks. The 450's were designed to race. They are much better jumpers.

Old 09-28-2005, 06:50 PM
Trailblazer

thanks for the reply, is there any thing you can do to make the banshee a good jumper?

Old 09-28-2005, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

To Make the Banshee a better Jumper you need to Upgrade the Suspension. New shocks,A-arms, and Rear swing arm. Probaly a after market rear axle so it won't Brake. Alba has a Complete front and rear Suspension kit for around 2,500 Bucks.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I plan on getting one myself someday.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-29-2005, 06:26 PM
Trailblazer

great looking banshee. Thanks for the advice. I notice a couple of pics of you jumping your banshee. The front end seems to stay up pretty well. Can you give me some advice on how to break a smooth jump with a shee? thanks

Old 09-29-2005, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

well on the banshee i was riding it had stock supesion and everything the trick is practice. you will take it a couple times and probably either leand on you back wheels or your fronts and then,. oh yeah start off small, until you get used to how it flys then once you figure out what you need to do in the air like lean for or aft or side to side or what ever and then start going a little bigger each time until you get as high as you feel comfortable with and then fine tune your skills.

Old 09-29-2005, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

Ultimate Aussie Gives Good Advice. The Jump depends on the Rider and your Paticular Style. one Good Idea is to go by the Huevos Videos and watch those guys Jump. You can pick up alot of Ideas on How to Jump.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-30-2005, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: peterlocal22
thanks for the reply, is there any thing you can do to make the banshee a good jumper?
New a-arms, axel, shocks. You got it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-01-2005, 07:17 AM
Trailblazer

hey thanks. Did you notice when you first started jumping your banshee that the front end seemed heavy and would just drop once you hit a jump? Thats what scared me first about the banshee. I was woundering if the banshee just was not ment to jump?

Old 10-01-2005, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider

While your in the air are u hitting the rear brake cuz if u do you will nose dive??????

Quick Reply: how are banshees at jumping