Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

raptor 660 advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor 660 advice

true i bashed FMF cuz it is a crappy pipe, Bottom line. and i say crappy only becuase of the lack of power it makes comared to others.
If you ride your FMF raptor, compared to a Sparks, LTE, or CT, you'll never ride the FMF raptor again. look you get hat you pay for around here.
the cheapest exhaust isnt going to be the best(IM NOT SAYING THE FMF IS CHEAP EITHER), weatherspoon is nuts clamin you have 53hp on the "sick set-up".
you just cant compare the fmf to the top pipes. end of story
search back a few days this wonderful subject seems to pop up once a week. and teh outcome is always the same.
keep the fmf for all i care, you'll never know real power of your raptor until you get a new pipe.
see your asking will you beat a predator in a "RACE" and my friend you do not have a RACE pipe. you have a pipe that makes,
your bike sounds good and is great for trail and woods riding.
my advice as usual, port the head, change the cam, and dump the exhaust, and leave the preddy's alone, and then
start laying the smack down on the 450's........
im not mean just honest and opinionated. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Range Rover

Weatherspoon: no the pred aren't slow, i use to have one and it was really fast....(but it was always breaking so I sell it for a raptor)

Ctracingraptor: With the fmf I can already beat the 450r...Like I said, i got the fmf exhaust free, so id rather keep it. But what about the headers(powerbomb)Do you think it will do more power or not? Because they look to be diffrent then the stockers. I just want to hear some opinions,sorry but I ad to make another post because no ones reply to the other one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 01-05-2006, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

i dont know much about the fmf, it was never a option to me. but check out the header diameter if its wider than stock, then its going to flow more, and if flow more it should increase hp, not by a lot though. and im not talking about 450r's(no competition)
i mean the yfz with the cam mods, and the 470kits in them.

yum yum,

Old 01-05-2006, 04:08 PM
Range Rover

CTracing raptor: Do you have any suggestion for any engine mode? like best bang for the buck
And if the headers are bigger, Do I have to change the jetting?

Old 01-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

see your name throws me off(truly) drag race raptor who buys the fmf? you must have been on a hella budget(change the name 2 budgetraptor) lol. anyways, even if you get teh header the power gain are MINIMAL, like i said get a new exhaust. any engine mod you do at this point you will be back tracking. with yoru choice of exhaust engine mods , and again your gains will be minimal. but if you do get a new exhaust(sometime down the road) after that have a pro port your head, then change the cam and thats it.(maybe while your it their put a new piston in 11:1)

since you got it for free, maybe you can get a better once for free. lol

Old 01-05-2006, 10:03 PM
Range Rover

Ctracingraptor: If i put a piston 11:1 do I have to put race gas in it? because i want to stay with regular gas. And i already have the hotcam stage 1 in my mind, but is there a better one? Or is it better to buy the stage 2? thanx 4 youre advice man

Old 01-06-2006, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

the are many different cams and all have a different use. stage one is the mildest of them all. increase your top end a little without sacrificing the bottom end loss you get with the other big cams. what kind of riding do you mainly do?
if you swap to teh stage two you have to get teh kibblewhite valve spring kit, and you might as well get new stainless valves.

Old 01-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Range Rover

I mostly ride on gravel roads, fields, open place,maybe some trails,and i like to make wheelie. I dont jump thought. And i'm always dragracing my friends.

Old 01-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

yep,I smoked a pred with my Z400...he wasnt the best rider but im sure i would have beat it anyway...

Old 01-06-2006, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

for you i would stick with either the stage one or stage 2. if you get teh stage 2 you will loose a little on the bottom and gain it up top, and it requires a additional $185 for the kibblwhite valve springs.

stage 1 is all around a great performing cam that increase power everywhere, just not the best for drag racing.

Quick Reply: raptor 660 advice