Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

CT racing dyno readings-~raptor 700~-

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CT racing dyno readings-~raptor 700~-

coyote they are allowed to choose their builder, and i respect that, and i truly believe craycraft is a excellent builder, problem with them is they dont recognize that kenz is a good builder also. i jsut wanted to save a few hundred extra on the cost of shipping to craycraft. now if craycraft was local to me or he had some special with free shipping, i would be very interested in his work. otherwise ill put my money towards something else. maybe kenz is better maybe he is not, it all a form of opinion. the wars this weekend will tell it all. cant all the big name guys on here, jsut bite their lip for the next few days and wait until the wars are over. let them represent each other, craycaft's bikes might finally hold up this weekend to take a trophy.....

Old 01-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

Im not going to get involved in this one, but I would like to say "horsepower numbers do mean something". Take them for what its worth, but you will have a pretty good idea on how the thing will run when you see hp and tq numbers. Something magical doesnt happen. Numbers are numbers. They show what the quad should be capable of, especially when you through the weight of the bike in and get your power to weight ratio.
These numbers may not be procision on how the bike is going to run, but it gives you a pretty dang good idea!

Old 01-11-2006, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

I should just make a whole new section for dyno bashing and what not.You guys seem to be overjoyed with the liberty of being able to bash eachother daily like bashing is on your life schedule...

Old 01-11-2006, 07:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

CRR,

I thought you were using my post to take another shot at Ubetrun. If you weren't.......... My apologies, your point is well taken.

Ron

Old 01-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CoyoteRiverRaptor
Yea thug.

If anyone can make a compelling argument that your not a thug I'll reconsider my comment.

Just look at your signature, Thug?

My association with anybody or anything has nothing to do with your internet behavior.

CT quoted King and 660r blew a gasket and made the “And you Kenz whine @$$'$” comment, Thug.

You both hate King yet you slam Kenz and anybody that doesn't get there motorwork done by Craycraft?

Maybe it is because CT wants a Kenz 686 and not Craycraft?

I don't think CT even has anything from Kenz yet?

CRR

I never blew a gasket...but to give the impression that King Raptor's words of wisdom mean sqaut in the real world is ludacris. How many 700r's has he built? Maybe if you said Kenz Cycle Tech said this, or thought that it would weigh heavier then something as dumb@$$ as here is a direct quote from King Raptor.

As for the white @$$ comment....I stand by that...you guys are constantly bragging up this or that, and then making excuses. It's none of my business who lets CR, Kenz, Sparks or anyone else build their bike. I could careless, but as a group, you Kenz guys are a group of jack@$$'$.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2006, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CoyoteRiverRaptor
Yea thug.If anyone can make a compelling argument that your not a thug I'll reconsider my comment.Just look at your signature, Thug?My association with anybody or anything has nothing to do with your internet behavior.CT quoted King and 660r blew a gasket and made the “And you Kenz whine @$$'$” comment, Thug.You both hate King yet you slam Kenz and anybody that doesn't get there motorwork done by Craycraft?Maybe it is because CT wants a Kenz 686 and not Craycraft?I don't think CT even has anything from Kenz yet? CRR

I don't really care who CT chooses, it's his money and I don't have a dog in that fight. I got into this thread because you made misleading comments about the Glamis night races. I have no issues with Kenz, I have major issues with the Klowns he calls friends. King brought the hate down on the whole crowd, he took shots at Craycraft for years. Kenz is guilty by association, he never cared about builder bashing until the shoe was on the other foot. If calling me names makes you feel better, knock yourself out. I've been called worse by better men and I'm still standing.

CT - Glamis this weekend won't settle anything, you won't see a Craycraft Racing banner there. From what I hear, other big name builders have figured it out too. The Craycraft Racing banner will be flying at Sicily in March, we'll leave a light on for you.

Old 01-12-2006, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27
Originally posted by: YFZRyderMace
Why dont trinity buy an accurate dyno since they know it is off? Speaking of trinity though what kind of horspower numbers are they getting compared to CT? Not what trinity's dyno says either [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] but from experience.
If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say there right at 50 RWHP with their pipe filter and EFI controller and no air box lid, pretty much the same as the rest of em. I think there all within 1 horse of each other. Once a cam becomes avalible one might shine a little more than the others in the top of the RPM range.
You do mean 50 at the crank, right? 50 rwh is a lot without motor work

Old 01-12-2006, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mawcus
Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27
Originally posted by: YFZRyderMace
Why dont trinity buy an accurate dyno since they know it is off? Speaking of trinity though what kind of horspower numbers are they getting compared to CT? Not what trinity's dyno says either [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] but from experience.
If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say there right at 50 RWHP with their pipe filter and EFI controller and no air box lid, pretty much the same as the rest of em. I think there all within 1 horse of each other. Once a cam becomes avalible one might shine a little more than the others in the top of the RPM range.
You do mean 50 at the crank, right? 50 rwh is a lot without motor work
No I mean Rear Wheel HP. I've seen between 49.5 and 51.5 RWHP with slicks on the DynoJet Dyno's
with all the ava bolt on mods and EFI controller with the fuel curve optimized. To many are coming up with the same numbers to be a fluke [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2006, 02:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Guys,

I looked at that trinity ad for the 734 kit. It is not just a bore kit. It is a full race head (+12hp), higher compression piston with a bigger bore (+10 hp) and pipe, intake and efi controller. These things are getting 50 hp with just pipe, intake and efi controller. 70 hp seems reasonable to me. My DS650 makes a little better than 70 hp with similar mods at 730cc's. My carb, pipe and intake gave me 52hp total, the race head bumped me up to 64 and the 730 kit with 13:1 compression bumped me up to 72.

If the head work on the raptor is less significant than mine, that might drop it 5 hp or so and that is within dyno margin of error assuming the Trinity dyno is a bit optimistic.

For what it is worth.

Ron

Old 01-13-2006, 11:45 AM
Trailblazer

It is nice to see that someone thinks the 700 has the potential to break 55hp reliably. I just sit back and laugh everytime someone tells me about how a 660 and DS can make 70hp yet no way could the 700 even come close to 70hp, unless you stroke it that is [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: CT racing dyno readings-~raptor 700~-