Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor 700 EFI Controllers

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 12:15 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 700 EFI Controllers

Which efi controller is better, the Doebeck ($190) or Powercommander III ($300)? I heard the PCIII is much easier to use since there are preset maps you download. Where can I get one for the best price? Is the price difference worth the PCIII?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Trailblazer

I have the efi and like it there all about the same look on ebay

Old 01-22-2006, 07:41 PM
Range Rover

Which controllerdo you have? PCIII or Doebeck?

Old 01-22-2006, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: smuznu
Which efi controller is better, the Doebeck ($190) or Powercommander III ($300)? I heard the PCIII is much easier to use since there are preset maps you download. Where can I get one for the best price? Is the price difference worth the PCIII?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
I have been using the PCIII on my 700R since August and feel it's well worth the money. It is infenitly tunable and yes you can download maps for specific mods as well as fine tune those maps on your laptop or make manual button adjustments on the PCIII unit it's self.
The other controllers are somewhat limited in my opinion as is evident thru reading users posts in other forums who are struggling with mid range surging, blubbering and hesistation. They have carburator adjustment technology and don't seem to transition as well to the mid range because of it. There are some who have had good luck with them but once you hit certain power levels they are maxed out. I have not experenced any of these problems with the power commander. You can adjust it for any rpm and any throttle opening thru out the entire range if you do have an area that is not smooth you can adjust it in that specific area. Another thing I like about the PCIII is that if you want you can take it to a power commander authorized tuning center and utilze the PC tuning link software and have a custom map created for your machine and your specific set of mods. I ordered my PCIII directly from power commander as I got it when it first came out for the 700R you might do as suggested and look on Ebay for a better price if you can find it.

Old 01-22-2006, 09:23 PM
Range Rover

RaptorRandy27,
How do you like your LTE's on your Raptor? (They look good). After I purchase a EFI controller, I'm looking to get either the HMF full system or LTE's. What are the Db levels at on the LTE's?

Thanks,
Smuznu

Old 01-22-2006, 11:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Does anyone using the dobeck controller have anything good to say about it.

I only plan on upgradding the air filter and exhaust on my 700r.

Dobeck good enough for these mods?

Old 01-23-2006, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: smuznu
RaptorRandy27,
How do you like your LTE's on your Raptor? (They look good). After I purchase a EFI controller, I'm looking to get either the HMF full system or LTE's. What are the Db levels at on the LTE's?

Thanks,
Smuznu
So far I love the LTE's I could not believe the seat of the pants power increase I felt . I haven't had a chance to take it to the sand but I'm sure it will perform good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The LTE's aren't as loud as the HMF single I had on my 660R
They have a more mellow sound. They come with a quiet core that put them at 93 db but I don't have them in.
I keep them in my toolbox to take with me just in case. If I had to guess how loud they are without the quiet cores installed I say around 96 to 98 db

Old 01-23-2006, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: modpwr
Does anyone using the dobeck controller have anything good to say about it.

I only plan on upgradding the air filter and exhaust on my 700r.

Dobeck good enough for these mods?

There is a forum member that goes by the handle sikraptor700 he has a Dobeck TFI with a full HMF system and GYTR air filter kit and has had good results with his from what I've read from his comments.
I believe he runs his settings at 4,7,8,6 I hope he's see this thread and weighs in on his experence with the dobeck on his 700R.

Old 01-23-2006, 12:24 AM
Trailblazer

Their is nothing wrong with the Dobeck, it will work fine with those mods, I have had both the Dobeck and Trinity controller's they both worked great, I went to the Trinity because it has more adjustment range which is required for heavier mods and some advanced features. The Powercommander is also a great controller.
I bet close to 80% of all the controllers out there are Dobecks and I am sure a few of them have not been tuned properly which might cause some problems, my controller is carb logic and it runs spot on as did my old Dobeck.
$190 sounds good to me

Old 01-23-2006, 12:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the advise guys, I think the dobeck is what I'm gonna go with for the small mods I plan to do.

I figured there was a difference in the controlers because of the price gap 190 vs 300.

$190 Dobeck: good for pipe,filter

$300 Powercomander: good for cam,hi comp piston,pipe,filter

correct?

Thanks

Greg

Quick Reply: Raptor 700 EFI Controllers