ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   Yamaha Banshee?? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/229352-yamaha-banshee.html)

HondaSlayer 01-30-2006 03:55 PM

Yamaha Banshee??

I am thinking about getting a banshee soon..... It has FMF Fattys and K&N clampons. How would this do against a pred with a pipe, filter, and CDI? I havent ridden a banshee in quite some time but i seem to remember them being alot of fun in stock form but who wants to stay stock anyway. There are people in the area with YFZ450s, Raptors, Z400s, KFX700s, and Polaris machines ranging from 250s to 800s. How does the banshee i mentioned to against those?

braddsn 01-30-2006 04:00 PM

Yamaha Banshee??

Banshees are cool for what they are. Kinda high maintenance for an atv in my opinion. Two of everything.. etc. I am not sure about a couple of the quads you mentioned, but the YFZ and Raptor will spank a Banshee pretty bad. (Stock for stock, or mod for mod).

Ganggreen 01-30-2006 04:03 PM

Yamaha Banshee??

Brad this is rediculous! A full drag banshee will knock the snot out of any fully modified yfz or raptor! If speed and horsepower are your thing Banshee is still anf forever will be the king!

braddsn 01-30-2006 04:05 PM

Yamaha Banshee??

Oh and, I borrowed a buddies YFZ450 for a weekend in trade for my 4x4 truck, it was basically brand new, all stock. The best way to describe it is....
you need to strap an anvil to the front end if you want to keep it down. It is a wheelie MONSTER, and in all honesty, it is the fastest atv I have ever ridden.
It was so much fun that I never wanted to get off of it. Also, top speed seemed like 400 mph. Awesome!

braddsn 01-30-2006 04:10 PM

Yamaha Banshee??

Gangrene, I am not sure that he was asking about drag bikes. With unlimited money and no rules, you could theoretically make a banshee go 300 mph probably. Not real practical on the trails though. I only answered the question that he asked. He said he was getting a slightly modded banshee no??
Then he went on to mention that some of his friends have YFZ450's and Raptors. Do you agree that even a bone stock YFZ450 will stomp a slightly modded Banshee? Because I promise it will. Anyone probably knows that a drag banshee will beat a stock YFZ. I didnt think he said he was buying a drag bike.

HondaSlayer 01-30-2006 04:22 PM

Yamaha Banshee??

Yeah i dont exactly have 30grand to dump into a quad i do however have about 4,500 i usually ride in the trails and in fields, more GNCC style stuff. Would a 4stroke be better? i realy like yamaha so i was leaning toward a raptor or a yfz if i can find one in my price range...also i freind will be selling his pred identical to the one i mentioned above. the thing is pretty damn fast, i almost never see any sand, maybe on the sandbar at the river. Dont care much for 4x4s actually i dont like em at all the river that i go to is only like 3ft deep in the deepest parts. Can a YFZ be made noticably faster with bolt-ons like a pipe,filter,and CDI?

Ganggreen 01-30-2006 04:33 PM

Yamaha Banshee??

If you are doing mx and trail riding I would definately say the YFZ would be a better pick.

The banshee has a maniacial engine that is really unleashed with just a set of pipes, as for handling it is so-so. If pure hp and speed is the goal a drag banshee will take a drag yfz. Both are great bikes just depends on what the purpose is.

135boom 01-30-2006 05:00 PM

Yamaha Banshee??

Originally posted by: Ganggreen
If you are doing mx and trail riding I would definately say the YFZ would be a better pick.

The banshee has a maniacial engine that is really unleashed with just a set of pipes, as for handling it is so-so. If pure hp and speed is the goal a drag banshee will take a drag yfz. Both are great bikes just depends on what the purpose is.
I would have to agree with not only this, but most of the previous above. I came from a banshee, and loved it, but love my yfz a lot more. You get the complete performance package in a yfz. With the shee you get pure attainable horsepower. Even stock though, the shee isnt that much to write home about. Its not until you mod the montor and get into the motor where you see the thing put out crazy horsepower and straight line speed.
A banshee is a REALLY fun machine in the dunes, with its on/off power band. However, in the dirt I dont think Its as fun as a yfz.

If your out to beat you friends in a straight line drag, then get a shee, and mod the hell out of it and it will NO DOUBT be the fastest one in the group....straight!

I would get the yfz if I where you, as like I said, its the complete package. Its arguably the BEST handling quad out there, and has the best power to weight ratio, which can be made FAR better. I am cranking mid 50's horsepower, and pnly weigh in at 333 lbs (no fuel). I dont even have the kickstart yet, that can take off another 15 lbs!

Good luck in your choice. It all depends on what you want to do!

kawiking 01-30-2006 05:05 PM

Yamaha Banshee??

i have a 05 kfx 400, ive done some bolt on and getting ready to put my stage 2 hot cams ,kibblewhite valve springs and a 12:1 high comp piston in it. i love this bike as a trail bike and all around fun bike. i was going to put some money in it but then i found a 98 shee for $500, needed some work(love). well now i got my fun bike and fast bike.
if i was you get a four stroke and look for a shee later, you can find them at a good price and then build them how you want. you can find pieces all day long and there's alot of people out there(on this forum 2) that can help. get something you can ride all day and not kick the sh!t out of you.
i wanted a yfz but i had a shee before, so ride was inportant to me.yfz not the best seat. i wouldn't trade my kfx for nothing . i'd spend the money i already have to make it faster again in a heart beat. but thats up to you.

good luck, see if people would let you ride diff bikes.

Kudzu 01-31-2006 12:28 PM

Yamaha Banshee??

I bought a 2000 Banshee just because I got a real deal, and had every intention of selling it or trading. But now that I have ridden it for a while I can't make myself get rid of it. I ride in the woods but the Banshee really prefers wide open spaces. Push the throttle on a Banshee, even a stocker, and the horizon is instantly upon you. So are the trees and rocks and all other obstacles in the woods! But there is just something about ridiculous amounts of horsepower that puts a silly grin on your face. The Z400's and Raptors are fast, maybe even faster (maybe!) but any 4 stroke engine has an even, manageable powerband. The Banshee powerband is like a light switch, it comes on instantly, its rude and nasty and politically incorrect, but it sure is FUN!!!!!