Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Dirtbikes love 'em or hate em"

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 10:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirtbikes love 'em or hate em"

Whats every ones take on the YZ250? They make the same if not more stock power than most quads available (with out mods) plus they are 100 to 200lbs lighter. I test rode a piped banshee and then the dealer had me try a bike for the same price. The YZ250 also had pipes. It was most definatly faster. Do the benefits of lighter weight on two wheels out-way the benefeits of the same power on four with more weight. What do you guys think.

Old 02-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

depends what ur looking for...if ur an older guy, stick to the quads, but if ur like, under 40, defonatly get the bike...as u can tell by my page, i'm defonatly a bigger fan of bikes then atv's. theres a few more benefits to a dirt bike then a quad in my opinion.
1. lighter 2.easier to fix 3. more challenging 4. faster (thats debateable i guess)

it all depends what u like/ ride. if u take long trips an atv might be a better choice too.

i'm gonna have to say LOVE EM'

Old 02-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by: trialsrider172
depends what ur looking for...if ur an older guy, stick to the quads, but if ur like, under 40, defonatly get the bike...
LOL! Now that is funny. I couldn't ride a bike for anything when I was 20, still can't today....has nothing to do with age.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Actually I prefer three wheelers! Mr borthers '84 Tecate was a beast but his '84 250R was sweet!

Old 02-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Trailblazer

in my oppinion the dirtbike is the better one i own a yz250f limited edition yellow and i aslo own a silver and white raptor700 but the reason the bike is better is because it is so easy to ride almost zero hurt after plus more fuel efficient faster light more difficult to ride not as easy as the quad i am to pro on my quad i really dont know why i bother this year i am dirt racing already iced raced didnt do as good as i wanted new i was out matched when they brought out the genesis 426 80hp but i did get 4th out of 70 done to the nuts quad but anyway i will tell you right now by the dirt bike run the best oil u can find and gas then u will have no probs with ure yz and it will be very difficult to ride but very easy to jump well two stroke i guess thats not good on gas but just watch it and dont go to far

Old 02-06-2006, 10:36 PM
Range Rover

Well im going to be 18 this summer and i dont ride for more than 8hrs total on weekends. Im sick of working on this air cooled machine. I think stock for stock, mod for mod a bike is faster than a quad. I was seriously considering a banshee but after i compared it to the YZ i was taken by its performance

Old 02-06-2006, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

you can take the fastest quad u have take it to the strip line up aginst a piped or stock dirtbike say a yz or rm 250 and get your doors blown off b/c yes they are lighter and faster. u can have a 535 stroker shee and a piped jetted nothing else done and get your doors blown off happens all the time

Thats y i try to stay away from lineing up with the dirt bikes

Old 02-06-2006, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: YFZracer12
you can take the fastest quad u have take it to the strip line up aginst a piped or stock dirtbike say a yz or rm 250 and get your doors blown off b/c yes they are lighter and faster. u can have a 535 stroker shee and a piped jetted nothing else done and get your doors blown off happens all the time

Thats y i try to stay away from lineing up with the dirt bikes
I have never even come close to getting beat in a drag race against a dirtbike.
For one thing. You need a wheelie bar with that big of a motor.
I have a +12 rear swingarm, and I had to get a wheelie bar for sand drags.
Even if the dirtbike could make that much power. It wouldn't be able to put it to the ground.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: IMGOINGTOFAST
in my oppinion the dirtbike is the better one i own a yz250f limited edition yellow and i aslo own a silver and white raptor700 but the reason the bike is better is because it is so easy to ride almost zero hurt after plus more fuel efficient faster light more difficult to ride not as easy as the quad i am to pro on my quad i really dont know why i bother this year i am dirt racing already iced raced didnt do as good as i wanted new i was out matched when they brought out the genesis 426 80hp but i did get 4th out of 70 done to the nuts quad but anyway i will tell you right now by the dirt bike run the best oil u can find and gas then u will have no probs with ure yz and it will be very difficult to ride but very easy to jump well two stroke i guess thats not good on gas but just watch it and dont go to far
HUH???!!

Buck

Old 02-06-2006, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: buck183
Originally posted by: IMGOINGTOFAST
HUH???!!

Buck
Word! I'm with Buck. I think we all need a bit more translation on that one Sir.

Old 02-07-2006, 12:05 AM
Range Rover

[/quote]

I have never even come close to getting beat in a drag race against a dirtbike.
For one thing. You need a wheelie bar with that big of a motor.
I have a +12 rear swingarm, and I had to get a wheelie bar for sand drags.
Even if the dirtbike could make that much power. It wouldn't be able to put it to the ground.[/quote]

I guess you havent seen to many hillclimb bikes have you?

Quick Reply: Dirtbikes love 'em or hate em"