ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   Can You Bore a Stock Raptor Sleeve to a 727.. (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/231561-can-you-bore-stock-raptor-sleeve-727-a.html)

DriverDoyle 02-21-2006 12:16 AM

Can You Bore a Stock Raptor Sleeve to a 727..

I was wondering if you can bore a stock sleeve to a 727 bore..or do you have to get a diffent sleeve...I mite be trading my 686 in for a 727....

raptorgav 02-21-2006 12:29 AM

No, 102mm is max on stock jug, you can resleeve stock jug and take it out to 106mm max which will be 740 on stock stroke. You would have to have a good look at the hotrods stroker and leave jug at 102mm, this will make her a 720 and they are getting some big HP out of this setup. Just ask a lot of questions about the different configurations before you put your hand in your pockets$$. I have yet to read anything negative about the hotrods setup, and the price is not bad compared to other combo's out there.
Gav

DriverDoyle 02-21-2006 12:32 AM

Well if i have to go that deep into her...I will send her to Mr. Craycraft and get her done right....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

AustinONeal 02-21-2006 12:57 AM

Originally posted by: DriverDoyle
Well if i have to go that deep into her...I will send her to Mr. Craycraft and get her done right....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
U said deep into her...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

AustinONeal 02-21-2006 01:52 AM

Originally posted by: raptorgav
No, 102mm is max on stock jug, you can resleeve stock jug and take it out to 106mm max which will be 740 on stock stroke. You would have to have a good look at the hotrods stroker and leave jug at 102mm, this will make her a 720 and they are getting some big HP out of this setup. Just ask a lot of questions about the different configurations before you put your hand in your pockets$$. I have yet to read anything negative about the hotrods setup, and the price is not bad compared to other combo's out there.
Gav
where do u get this sleeve u speak of i thought anything bigger u would have to machine the case out

DriverDoyle 02-21-2006 02:03 AM

U said deep into her...
You Pervert.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

2FAST4U69 02-21-2006 05:43 AM

Originally posted by: AustinONeal

LMAO... reminds me of Beavis and Butthead..

AustinONeal 02-21-2006 02:50 PM

Originally posted by: 2FAST4U69

Originally posted by: AustinONeal

LMAO... reminds me of Beavis and Butthead..
doyles butthead ...in more way than one
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

DriverDoyle 02-21-2006 05:03 PM

doyles butthead ...in more way than one
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

raptorgav 02-21-2006 06:51 PM

If you decided to resleeve you will have to machine the cases for the bigger sleeve. Bob will help you out whichever way you decide to go, dont forget to change the rod while you are in their unless it has already been done.
Gav