660 Raptor vs 240 Blaster

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 660 Raptor vs 240 Blaster

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ride-with-pride

just so you all know

a rappy has the most stock hp at 42{and i mean stock} add on pipes and intake it will reach above 60hp pretty well

and who ever has the honda 250 your top speed must be like 40 if your little thing has that much hp

and the blaster is fast as hell flat ground but last week end my rappy smoked a custom blasty up a paved road me fourth him 6th

and when you can pop wheelies in 4th then you have hp</end quote></div>

lol a honda 250r is pretty fast and a hell of a machine to be recognized witha 250r would and can eat up alot of quads out there

Old 02-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

You guys really think a stock raptor 660 could beat a 240 blaster in a drag race. In a real long race yea but in a normal drag race the blaster will eat the raptor. On the track the raptor dont even have a chance in my case. My stock blaster can keep up with a stock raptor on the track. A 240 blaster will smoke the raptor.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 1998 Blaster

You guys really think a stock raptor 660 could beat a 240 blaster in a drag race. In a real long race yea but in a normal drag race the blaster will eat the raptor. On the track the raptor dont even have a chance in my case. My stock blaster can keep up with a stock raptor on the track. A 240 blaster will smoke the raptor.</end quote></div>

You are crazy. We drag race in big fields all the time, and guess who the flag man is? Yep, it's the guy with the modded Blaster because he knows he doesn't stand a chance. The Blaster's closest competition is a stock Warrior!

Old 02-08-2008, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

It would be a interesting race, too bad all thats going to happen is a bunch of talk online. I dont know the stock gearing of a Blaster so couldnt even take a guess at whether it would keep up on top end but Ide bet the Blaster would get ahead at least for a while if the race took place somewhere with good traction conditions and assuming it was tuned up real good and the riders where equal. Even if the Blaster won outright though I would still rather have the Raptor. Ive never been so impressed with the 660s performance stock for such a big motor. Doesnt take much though to make one pretty fast. Ive never been impressed either with the idea of taking a slow quad and modding the hell out of it to outrun a fast one thats stock and giving up tons of reliability to do it. Money aside Id just buy the Raptor add just a few bolt on mods and not worry about 240 Blasters. Not that Im worried anyway. Ill never be the fastest out there. Even on my LT500 there were those guys on the 100+hp Banshees (allthough I didnt see any of them out in the woods). I will have a good time riding though while most of you argue online about fictional races. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-08-2008, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

It would be a interesting race, too bad all thats going to happen is a bunch of talk online. I dont know the stock gearing of a Blaster so couldnt even take a guess at whether it would keep up on top end but Ide bet the Blaster would get ahead at least for a while if the race took place somewhere with good traction conditions and assuming it was tuned up real good and the riders where equal. Even if the Blaster won outright though I would still rather have the Raptor. Ive never been so impressed with the 660s performance stock for such a big motor. Doesnt take much though to make one pretty fast. Ive never been impressed either with the idea of taking a slow quad and modding the hell out of it to outrun a fast one thats stock and giving up tons of reliability to do it. Money aside Id just buy the Raptor add just a few bolt on mods and not worry about 240 Blasters. Not that Im worried anyway. Ill never be the fastest out there. Even on my LT500 there were those guys on the 100+hp Banshees (allthough I didnt see any of them out in the woods). I will have a good time riding though while most of you argue online about fictional races. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Range Rover

i have a blaster which is perfect for my size and my place of riding. small tight trails. once i took it on the road past a police speed sign, clocked at 57.now i could never do that on my trails cant even get through 4th gear. i modified my blaster to my type of riding. all low end and good suspension. so i guess im saying who cares which quad is faster its what ever suites your needs. many of you will say im saying this because a rapter may beat a blaster. sure, but im saying if my trails were any larger and longer i may be riding a different quad. again who cares which is faster. as long as your out there riding. good day

Old 02-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

are u serious the raptor would beat it by alot ive owned both a blaster and a raptor sure and blaster is quick but not even close to a raptor even if its borred out

Old 02-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Blasters are fagadocious. They're for little kids. Even if you spend enough to beat a Raptor.........at the end of the day.........you're still on a Blaster.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider

Too many pieces of the puzzle are missing.

I see no one has noticed the gear change......and no one has asked about the tire size on the rear end........both of these have a hand in top end, applied torque.........low end,.......hole shot.......

the gear change is equivalent to dropping 6 teeth from the rear sprocket. That offers a higher top end speed than stock.......unless the tire size has been dropped to 18's or something like it.

What color the labels on the wheels are makes no appreciable difference. But it looks (from the descrptive) like a "badass"Blaster.

It has a pretty Red gas cap and matching oil plug, and a carbon sticker on the tank.....all are Mega HP increases in my estimation. Gotta be runnin' around 85 HP now with those mods....LOL The Biggest issue I see is the assumption that any of this crap matters

Some of us ride because we have fun and enjoy it.

Others ride and own Four wheelers so they can say they have the fastest/prettiest/biggest one.....( all of these are self esteem issues. )

I have two blasters and a 80 badger (for the grand kids) and I don't even know if they go over 40mph,........but they climb and turn and slide pretty cool. WHat more could I ask? We have fun on 'em all. (with helmets)

Old 02-13-2008, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

A more comparable race for a Blaster is a Warrior; definately not a 660 Raptor.

Quick Reply: 660 Raptor vs 240 Blaster