Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blasters kicker locked up, i need help!!

Old 08-03-2004, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blasters kicker locked up, i need help!!

OK, here's the story:
I went out this morning to my friends house at like 11:00 to ride with him and his DS650. He had a slow leak on his tire so we went to get it fixed. Came back at like 2:00 and started riding at like 3:30. After riding fro like an hour, someone called the cops on us. RIGHT before the ciop told me to turn of my quad, i heard a NASTY noise comin from the motor. It sounded like nuts and bults. The cops told us to walk it home which was about 1 minute away, so when i got in the driveway i tried starting it and almost broke my foot trying to get the kick started down, The god damn thing is locked!!!I called up a local ATV place and asked what it could be. He said if it goes into gear and kicks over, it could just be the kick starter shaft, otherwise its a blown motor. Please Help

Old 08-03-2004, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

probably a blown motor, our blaster seized up like that, turned out to be the oil injector failed.

Old 08-03-2004, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

ooo jesus, please don't tell me that. Some one else told me it could be the idel gear??? Im not sure what that is but he says it sound a lot like an idel gear.

Old 08-03-2004, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider

I'm just going on the assumtion that it won't kick... Our blaster just stopped, didn't make any noises

Old 08-03-2004, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

well i go to kick it and its just locked, so idk. I think im gunna fix it, sell it, then get a Raptor, 400ex, Warrior, DS650.....something like that, something 4 stroke, 2 stroke is not my type of qaud, i like the power band very much, but don't like doin top ends and sh*t.

Old 08-03-2004, 03:17 AM
Pro Rider

My friend has a Blaster and it just did the EXACT same thing. Long story short, don't let a dumb big tited blonde ride your bike just cause she's hot! LOL She held it pinned in 2nd for almost 3/4 mile before it blew.

The kicker was locked in place. I took it apart and there was melted metal on top of the piston, turns out it is the bearing that attaches the rod to the crank. Metal all over the place. I'm guessing new crank, piston, and clean out all of the metal out of the cases. Sorry to hear about your troubles, but I know how you feel.

Old 08-03-2004, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

Did you try to turn it over wit the wheels in gear? I have had the kick start return spring break and get jammed up in there...gives you the impression of a seized motor.

Old 08-03-2004, 01:08 PM
Trailblazer

my friend has an old xr 80 that he rode just a few times and he blew a tire, it sat in the grage (spelling) for about a year until he decided to fix it and sell it. he drained the oil , gas , and so on and replaced them with new liquids. he forgot to put oil in the bike and went to kick it and it stopped short and the engine is seized now. it also happened to my weed wacker lol but my dad somehow fixed it and had me wackin weeds in 10 mins [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-03-2004, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

It almost sounds like the bearings are shot[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-03-2004, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

my blaster did the same thing it made a whole bunch of noises (which was my piston shattering) and wentdead so i went to kick it and it would not budge.i just put a new oversized wiseco piston in it and sold it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blasters kicker locked up, i need help!!