ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   replacing coolant (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/246832-replacing-coolant.html)

MONSTERMATT 08-12-2006 11:00 PM

replacing coolant

anybody heard of engine ice? i heard it was better than the stock coolant ive got in the raptor 700 right now, and if u know , how tough id it to flush the old coolant and run the new? prolly not that hard for alot of u guys but pretty un-mechanical THANKS

RDZ350 08-13-2006 08:50 AM

replacing coolant

I heard engine ice works well,but I've never tried it.Just take off the hose at the bottom of the radiator that goes to the side cover on the right side(if you're sitting on the quad).Be careful not to get any in your eyes.Common sense,I know.Just making sure.

raptor010 08-13-2006 01:17 PM

replacing coolant

I use engine ice. It's awesome. The fan hasn't came on since. Well I do have the 686 bore kit but since I put that in it been gravy. Also look up something called Super Cooler for the raptor. It's a line in cooler that has fins to cool your engine temp by 5 or 10. That's my next upgraded. Scott

v2rider 08-13-2006 01:41 PM

replacing coolant

I ordered engine ice also, but right now i have Liquid performance racing coolant. It works well, the fan comes on half of the time, but engine ice is better. Mine reduces temps like 25 degrees, where as engine ice reports 50 degrees reduction.

Doctorturbo 08-13-2006 01:59 PM

replacing coolant

Mine reduces temps like 25 degrees, where as engine ice reports 50 degrees reduction.
v2rider; just how do you know it reduces you temps 25 degrees?

v2rider 08-13-2006 02:34 PM

replacing coolant

I guess is i should be more specific, lol. That is what the product claims it reduces temps by. Sorry.

kfxandahemi 08-13-2006 02:36 PM

replacing coolant

I just switched my KFX over to engine ice and I really like it. The fan comes on less and it was a since to change. I would put engine ice in if I was going to be changing any coolant again.

Doctorturbo 08-13-2006 03:21 PM

replacing coolant

That is what the product claims it reduces temps by. Sorry.
I see.
We have run two different types coolant additives in different race cars. I have never ran engine ice but the additives we ran never even came close to reducing temps even 25 degrees let alone 50. 5 to 10 is what we have seen. Most other racers that uses this stuff see about the same as us.

v2rider 08-13-2006 04:10 PM

replacing coolant

These arent additives, its actually a complete replacement radiator fluid. Ive never tried the small additive bottles, if thats what youve tried

raptor010 08-13-2006 07:56 PM

replacing coolant

DoctorTurbo, Race cars and Quads are alittle different. So if the product says it can drop temps by 25 degrees I think they have found a way to do some with Engine Ice. Dare you to put engine ice for quads in your Race Car LOL