ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   how do I correctly remove the tors on blaster? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/248699-how-do-i-correctly-remove-tors-blaster.html)

glock22 09-05-2006 10:12 AM

how do I correctly remove the tors on blaster?

I just bought a new 28mm d slide carb for my wife's blaster and need to run without the tors system. I removed the whole assembly on top of the old carb including the small switch, but the thing doesn't want to start let alone idle when I do get it to start. What do I need to do, if anything, with the small switch inside the thumb throttle assembly? also all I did with the wires that went to the old switch on top of the carb was disconnect the plug and leave it. Do I need to jumper these out or something? Thanks.

glock22 09-05-2006 01:23 PM

Noone here has removed this system? Surely it can't be all that uncommon to ditch this crap?

mdebuck 09-05-2006 07:35 PM

what is a tors system???

glock22 09-05-2006 07:46 PM

Maybe I have mispelled it but that darned close. This is the system with a switch at the throttle assembly and a switch on the top of the carb which has something to do with controlling the idle. My new carb does that the old fashioned way and I need to remove the entire old system beforee the quad will idle at all or run properly.

Boomer2 09-05-2006 09:13 PM

At the thumb throttle assembly take the switch out and splice the wires. The wires that go to the carb just need to be diconnected. Here is some pictures of what to do TORS Removal

JLsparky7 09-06-2006 12:16 AM

Disconnect the wires that are attached to the box under the front left fender attached to the frame.

Cut the wires on the bottom of the silver part on the peice of top of the carb.

Cut the wires going to your throttle box on your handlebars

Trace all these wires and there should be plugs (under the tank) were you can unplug and completely detach them.

Reset your idle and you might have to mess with your air mixture screw, then your all set. that post above is a great link as well.

glock22 09-07-2006 08:09 AM

I don't see a box under the left fender, but under the front cover there are three. Are you referring to the plastic box with the three pin connector that has a yellow, black, and a black with white tracer? These are at least very similar to the ones going to the switches for the tors system but none have continuity with the wires going to the switches. I have tried disconnecting all this stuff and still cannot get this thing to start, not even to sputter. All I did was change the carb, but now I don't seem to have any spark.

JLsparky7 09-07-2006 02:18 PM

It should be inside the left front fender attached to the frame. There is 1 philips screw holding it on. Its a 1inch by 2 inch black box. Not sure on the color wires. The previous owner might have taken it out already. Your idle might not be high enough on the quad eighter since you changed the carb. Try turning that up. Take a look at your reeds too. Is it getting a spark?

Boomer2 09-07-2006 08:52 PM

Did you splice the wires that go to the the thumb throttle assembly?Whether you remove the box or not shouldn't have any effect since you've disconnected it.

Kyle Janulis 05-24-2019 11:10 AM

If you are not looking to buy the kit to replace it follow this video here to bypass the TORS