Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

First ride on my 2002 Warrior today...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 10:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First ride on my 2002 Warrior today...

I picked up a warrior on ebay friday for $1800!!!

I brought it home, adjusted the valves, changed the oil, filter and plug. cleaned the air filter, added new rear pads and took it out this morning!

Let me just say that it was the best ATV'n experience ever for me. Having only ever owned utility's and never even riding a sport quad...the warrior is by far the best ATV for me. It did have two problems(bad gas and chain tension) but both were easily remedied at the park.

I know it needs a little more maintenance to get it back 100% but I have a question.....how should I prioritize(sp?) my mods. I want a little more power from it. I was thinking maybe an exhaust, filter and jet kit? Where do I go for that?

Anyway....I'm so happy to have truely enjoyed myself at the park. My old Big Bear was a beast but never gave me the excitement the warrior did today.

I'm in love all over again.

P.S...the suzuki quadrunner is a beast in it's own right. Hands down the most reliable machine I've ever owned.
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...ZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

and how I bought it:
http://i13.ebayimg.com/04/i/08/42/2e/90_3.JPG

Old 09-16-2006, 10:39 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

well first... REAR TIRES

the stock tires are good... for about the first 5 mins...

where do you mainly ride???

Old 09-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Range Rover

Looks like you got a good deal on that quad, A pipe,filter,&jet kit will do wonders on a warrior, which can also be found on Ebay cheap. There are many more options availible for the warrior, from big-bore piston's, stroker kit's, camshafts, head porting, racing valvespring's, bigger carb. etc........Just my .02 cents

Old 09-16-2006, 11:33 PM
Trailblazer

thanks guys.

Speedy - I mainly ride trails/dirt. No sand, no deep mud. Just general purpose riding. What do you recommend?

Old 09-16-2006, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, honestly people may say upgrade suspension, But if you ever feel like you just want something a litle better, you should get a 1.5 wheel spacer for the rear only, 01 raptor 660r rear shock, and any year banshee fronts. After that i really enjoy the stability of the warrior, suspension was upgraded from the warriors single rate to the banshees dual rate, which isn't like night and day but you can definitely tell its better, and the rear does wonders. The 1.5 inch per each wheel really makes it much more stable. It makes it justt 3 inches wider and it helps a lot, and its kind of a necessity if you are going to get a raptor rear because it makes it a bit taller and it gets a little tippy. Power wise, I found that the fmf powerbomb header and powercore 4 end really woke it up, along with 8 white brother air vents drilled into the air box on top, and a k&n air filter, plus a dynojet kit. Other than that some nerf bars, Dude you rally got a great deal though good luck with the thing...
Always change oil after 10 hours. Do grease fittings every ride. Oil every bolt and make sure the BATTERY is very tight along with motor mounts and carb. The rear of the bike may start to loosen, just make sure you are checking all of the bolts. Oh yeah, one thing i strongly recomend is a thing called never cease. I have a copper and nickel made never cease, its almost like grease and it is designed for keeping your bolts like strip proof and rust proof. Great stuff When i bought both of my bikes I Took out every major and non major bolt, dabbed a bit of never cease on the middle and put a tiny bit of thread locker on the end. I like doing that... Recomended. Good luck!!!!!!!!!! the electrical system sucks on warriors but maybe yours will be different than mine [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-17-2006, 09:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

Originally posted by: paintballbanshee
Hey, honestly people may say upgrade suspension, But if you ever feel like you just want something a litle better, you should get a 1.5 wheel spacer for the rear only, 01 raptor 660r rear shock, and any year banshee fronts. After that i really enjoy the stability of the warrior, suspension was upgraded from the warriors single rate to the banshees dual rate, which isn't like night and day but you can definitely tell its better, and the rear does wonders. The 1.5 inch per each wheel really makes it much more stable. It makes it justt 3 inches wider and it helps a lot, and its kind of a necessity if you are going to get a raptor rear because it makes it a bit taller and it gets a little tippy. Power wise, I found that the fmf powerbomb header and powercore 4 end really woke it up, along with 8 white brother air vents drilled into the air box on top, and a k&n air filter, plus a dynojet kit. Other than that some nerf bars, Dude you rally got a great deal though good luck with the thing...
Always change oil after 10 hours. Do grease fittings every ride. Oil every bolt and make sure the BATTERY is very tight along with motor mounts and carb. The rear of the bike may start to loosen, just make sure you are checking all of the bolts. Oh yeah, one thing i strongly recomend is a thing called never cease. I have a copper and nickel made never cease, its almost like grease and it is designed for keeping your bolts like strip proof and rust proof. Great stuff When i bought both of my bikes I Took out every major and non major bolt, dabbed a bit of never cease on the middle and put a tiny bit of thread locker on the end. I like doing that... Recomended. Good luck!!!!!!!!!! the electrical system sucks on warriors but maybe yours will be different than mine [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

never cease is for engine bolts... it allows them to expaint and contract but still lets them come out easily... i used some on my bolts for my intake boot and man am i glad i did...

hey vdubspeed... get on aim when u onlnie next time