ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   Wolverine/Warrior Carb question (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/251515-wolverine-warrior-carb-question.html)

GlennJ 10-12-2006 07:53 PM

Wolverine/Warrior Carb question

What does the drain tube set up on these machines look like? (bonus points if someone can take a pic) When I bought my machine used, the drain tube was missing. I figured it was not big deal...until I opened the carb tonight....crud all on the inside of the bowl. Turn out, that brass tube that extends up the through the bowl will pass right through to the nipple on the bottom of the bowl...even with the drain screw in.

I've looked at Ronnie's and have a vague idea of how it's set up. It looks like a small tube comes off the bowl, then it meets up with something they only call a "pipe"...attached to that is a larger tube. Looks like I need all three. I can't ride with a carb that's going to suck in crud everytime I do a deep crossing.

Guess I figured out the random miss I was getting when I wind it out in 4th or 5th.

Speedy2222 10-12-2006 08:10 PM

it just runs straight back toward the rear shock and hangs... i'd go tak ea pic.. but i have mine run off to hte side the shifter is on...

GlennJ 10-12-2006 09:52 PM

It's more than just a single tube though right? Totally different set up than what was on my Honda ATC 200X...that was just a single tube.

Speedy2222 10-12-2006 09:58 PM

it's a 1 size tube... and at the end it widens for about 4 inches

recon99 10-12-2006 10:03 PM

If we're thinking of the same thing, then it's nothing but a 2 foot rubber tube that runs from the nipple on the bowl, and just hangs down around the back of the engine. Nothing special at all, you'll just have to get some hose that's made to handle fuel, or it'll get hard, and eventually crack and fall off again.

95Wolverine 10-13-2006 01:00 AM

If memory serves me correctly, that "pipe" that is in the microfiche is actually a one way valve. It lets gas out, but won't let water or bugs back in.

I'll go see if mine's still attached. I know that I lost the rubber hose that attaches to it this last trip to Colorado, but the "pipe" is hopefully still there.

I'll post my findings in the am.

recon99 10-13-2006 01:16 AM

My original one had fallen off, so I just replaced it with some colored Tusk vent line from rockymountainatv.com. That doesn't have a valve at the end, and i never had a problem with anything going back up through the line.

GlennJ 10-13-2006 08:57 AM

Originally posted by: 95Wolverine
If memory serves me correctly, that "pipe" that is in the microfiche is actually a one way valve. It lets gas out, but won't let water or bugs back in.

I'll go see if mine's still attached. I know that I lost the rubber hose that attaches to it this last trip to Colorado, but the "pipe" is hopefully still there.

Ahhhhh! That's what I figured. While I don't take my machine mud bogging, we do go through some pretty deep water. I had a feeling that water was getting sucked up through the bottom of the bowl because of the vaccum created by the carb. That one way valves makes sense. Looks like I better hit the dealer today.

I already have that fatter tube...I accidentally ordered the wrong part a few months ago. So, it looks like I need the tube off the carb and the one way valve thing.

recon99 10-13-2006 06:39 PM

Originally posted by: GlennJ

Originally posted by: 95Wolverine

Ahhhhh! That's what I figured. While I don't take my machine mud bogging, we do go through some pretty deep water. I had a feeling that water was getting sucked up through the bottom of the bowl because of the vaccum created by the carb. That one way valves makes sense. Looks like I better hit the dealer today.

I already have that fatter tube...I accidentally ordered the wrong part a few months ago. So, it looks like I need the tube off the carb and the one way valve thing.
Don't go to the dealer for that little tube, just go to an auto parts store and you should be able to find the same hose for 30 cents a foot or something, the dealer will probably charge something ridiculous for it.

GlennJ 10-13-2006 07:30 PM

Yeah, like $12....what I paid today. D'oh.