Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

RAPTOR350 VS BANSHEE350 +some questions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 05:33 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAPTOR350 VS BANSHEE350 +some questions?

I have a questions.I just got a Raptor 350 2007, 2 days ago.1st is Breaking it in. How do i go about do it OR am i ok with how i did it? On the first day I took it out and just rode it around for awhile did that a few times. Didnt get on it. the 2nd day I took it to the river for easter. I went thought the water climbed some hills but didnt realllly get on it( just a little). After i got home with it i went out riding in the desert and found this guy on a Banshee350. im pretty sure it was stock(he said he didnt know it wasnt his) i didnt see a pipe on it. This is when i got on it. We raced 3 times 1st he won 2nd 1 won and last time he won. I hope i didnt mess anything up should i be concernd with any thing?It was close on the last time i think i revd it to much when i was in thrid and thats why he got ahead. It still seemed that the banshee was still faster than my raptor like after he got past 3rd. I thought raptors and Banshees were about neck and neck. What do u think? Im still new to this but i would like to know what would be the 1st mods i should get. I would like it for racing and trails.I want to be able to smoke a banshee like nothing hehe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].
alright Thanks for the help.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

Your break-in procedure shouldnt have hurt anything. The main thing is dont hold the throttle in one position for long periods of time. After 1 full tank of gas you should be ready to go. As far as racing a Banshee, either that guy didnt know how to race or something was wrong with that Banshee. That Banshee should have smoked you every time! Raptor 660s and 700s are close to Banshees, not Raptor 350s. Theres not enough mods you can do to smoke Banshees with a Raptor 350. First mods to get would be a slip-on exhaust (like HMF), a better air filter (like K&N or Pro Design), a jet kit for the carb, and a 14 toth front sprocket. These mods will give you a noticeable performance increase, but you still wont beat a Banshee. You are better off trying to beat 400 EXs and Z400s than 450s or Banshees.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Trailblazer

I would like it for racing and trails.I want to be able to smoke a banshee like nothing hehe
Sorry buddy but thats never gonna happen. U see ur raptor is a four stroke motor that is likely tuned and geared for mild trail riding. The banshee is a two stroke twin powerhouse that is meant to GO FAST. On the average persons budget you will never mod your 350 to beat a stock banshee. I think the guy you raced was likely only fireing on one cylender or something. But the thing is you got a great starter bike that will be good for u untill u move up to a bigger bike.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

Congrulations on the purchase. A banshee should smoke you every time, trust me. with all my mods i am still getting beat by ltz 400's but not by much. As for first upgrades: HMF slip-on, filter i prefer k&n, and a jet kit. This gave me the biggest difference. You can look at what i have to get an idea.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

that guy should never get on anyones banshee again!!!!! nothing against your raptor, i have a z400 with mods it gets beat up alot by modded 450's,thats why i have a banshee!!!!

Old 04-09-2007, 10:09 PM
Trailblazer

The banshee should have owned you everytime, the guy either couldn't ride or he was scared of the mean powerband those atv's have. Raptor 350's are great bikes though, fun to ride without having to worry about hurting the thing too bad, good choice hope you like it.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

yes he was probably scared of the bike but he said it wasnt his so maybe he didny know how to ride it youll need a much bigger bike and need to spend some more money to beat a shee trust me it took alot before i could beat one on my rappy

Trending Topics

Old 04-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

sorry to tell you this, but i have a raptor 660 and a banshee (both moderately modded) my banshee will still eat my 660. it was made to scream, thus the name. don't spend a dime on the 350, give it to your girl and get a bigger quad if you want to beat banshees!

Old 04-16-2007, 01:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

well we all know that banshees are really fast when you put some money into them and im sure everyone is tired of the shee guys telling us how fast they are you have twice the motor parts as everyone else and two strokes deliver power faster less strokes = faster power delivery. hell id like to line em up im not scared of the banshee

Old 04-17-2007, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

Originally posted by: kyledc18
I would like it for racing and trails.I want to be able to smoke a banshee like nothing hehe
On the average persons budget you will never mod your 350 to beat a stock banshee.
I dont think you could make a Raptor 350 beat a stock Banshee with Master P's budget! The best way a Raptor 350 could beat a Banshee is to put a Banshee motor in it![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: RAPTOR350 VS BANSHEE350 +some questions?