Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

95-2005 Yamaha Wolverine Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 09:48 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got rid of a 400se Kodiak for my 99 Wolvy and no regrets, Just installed the Warn 424 and Wow what a differance.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 95wolv are you still around ???

I'm new to here, but after reading up on some questions I had about the 1995 Wolverine, You seem to be the best man to ask hands down when it comes to this quad. I am old school, and just getting back to owning a wheeler again, had to sell my cherry 96 Wolvy back in 01 in a divorce settlement , anyway after looking the past 6 years everywhere, I just got a babied, garage kept 95 and am stoked at getting it and making it the best it can be. My main ? is i've read bad reports on the fst 446 big bore job wrecking the engine quickly, how did yours work out and would you recomend it ? 2nd I don't even remember who made it, but I had an item called a "straight shot air boot" that I got aftermarket for my 96, and it was a great bolt on item, do you have any idea where, or if anyone can still get it anywhere??? I've searched the net, but had no luck. Thanks for any an all responses to this post, much appreciation in advance..

Old 12-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

present...

Name:  IMG_0976.jpg
Views: 7446
Size:  93.0 KB

Old 12-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by ich4bdm
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: toddmh

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ich4bdm

i bought a 350 wolverine...for my woman</end quote></div>

So just who are you insulting??Women riders or 350 Wolverine riders?? Because I know of both that can probley make you look like a fool on your big bad 700 lol</end quote></div>

no insult intended...but if i ever get beat in a drag by a wolverine i'd never ride again. as for women riders, i know a couple that could out ride alot of guys.
you spend most of your riding time drag racing? I ride in the woods myself. and I could dust you in the trails with my little guy.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'd buy one for my wife. Because it might just be a good enough excuse to be able to get it. Love to have one of those in decent condition. Problem is, its a fun quad and most that you see got ridden into the ground over time.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This post just wont die...lol....a few years old and still going. Pawman, sorry about not getting back to you, I unsuscribed to this post a long time ago..too old.
I, too have joined the ranks of those who have moved on to other quads, my one owner baby is gone...sold so it can be ridden like it deserves to be, since I got a newer quad,its hard going back and forth.
Fourstroketech makes that intake you are talking about, they carry a few different things for the Wolverine, Warrior,and other quads.
I got several years out of my 446 kit, since I kept the exhaust and airbox fairly stock, I probably didnt get all I could have out of the mods, it was not cheap, and I think just a .020 over 10.25:1 piston, a good exhaust, maybe a little head porting while its apart, and some airbox mods will wake up the Wolvy just fine. The only reason I did the 446 kit was my motor was literally falling apart from years and thousands of miles of use,but with all the parts needed, I spent almost 2000 bucks, not worth it in my books, unless you are going to race pipe it and run an open air box to let that big bore breathe.Keep the tire size at 25" or less, a decent slip on and a good flowing intake, and you will have a reliable, peppy motor that will give you years of fun, my gave me almost 16 years, and I will miss it.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

hey there 95wolv, im with ya! I think both of us have been on this site with Wolverines for quite some time... Mine is still running strong. Starter just went over thanksgiving I just got the replacement in the mail today so no more pull starting... Within the next few years I plan to do a full frame up rebuild with everything powder coated, new bolts for any that are messed up, and a FST 446 big bore kit probably some aftermarket rims as well... I think I may keep the Maxis Sur-Traks on the stock wheels and then do a set of razr/holeshot types with 22inch front and 20 rear like a sport 2x4. I Ride in 2x4 95 percent of the time so with that rim combo the only time im in 4x4 it will be some sloppy stuff so I wont have to worry about the rolling diameter difference... Wouldnt mind doing a detroit locker in it as well from highlifter