Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

WET WOLVIE NO MORE

Old 03-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WET WOLVIE NO MORE

so i was out riding friday night and i saw a creek crossing it started out about 8inches deep no problem then it droped off to about 6 feet. needless to say i sucked up enough water to make my oil look like thick *** milk. the next day i drained the oil and visted my local yamaha to spend 140 bucks on oil filters ect....well i've changed the oil and turned it over a few times to blow out the water hoping it would start. well after a few hours and no luck i drained the oil... still white but not as bad....anyways to make a long story short she has new oil in her again and still wont start. i've tried starting fluid and no dice...any idea's.

thanks in advance for the help

well i posted this almost a year ago on april 8

and after all this time it came down to a woodruff key that was sheered off. such a magical little piece of metal. actually i hate it. after doing everything in the book it was that. so she running again. now i just have to re-lube the V-belt its shifting kinda hard. happy riding all

Old 03-17-2008, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

guess no one cares

Old 03-17-2008, 03:39 AM
Range Rover

Glad to hear you got it running again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2008, 09:40 AM
Pro Rider

yeah that woodruff key isn't funny at all. all the signs point to a carb problem and then after digging into it you see the little bastard. who would have thought

Old 03-17-2008, 07:22 PM
Range Rover

A year??? Wow... Where was this woodruff key at???

Old 03-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

I'm with drifter463, where and what is a woodruff key?

Old 03-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

it took a year cause i'm lazy and like i said everything pointed to carb trouble and i'd mess with it get frustrated stop for a bit ect... as for the woodruff key it's on the crank shaft and it keeps the stator in the right position it wasnt hard to replace beside needing a special tool to pull the stator and then trying to find the tool because no site that sells it has it listed for a wolverine. it's the same as the wolverine 350 kodiak 400 ect. so that took awhile to find. but yeah i guess it makes it actucally fire at the right time cause when i replaced it. she started up just like new

Old 03-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

that is good to know... I drive my wolverine hard, so it is nice to know the different things that can happen to it.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

another thing i learned the hard way on the right side as you sit on it where the V-belt is there is a little plug make sure when ever you get done riding through water and **** you pull it out and drain the water.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear you got it fixed. I know it musta been hard letting it sit for almost a year without riding it.
I gotta ask one question though, did you ever check to see if your plug was firing?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WET WOLVIE NO MORE