ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   What jetting (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/285816-what-jetting.html)

pmcc37 03-21-2008 09:44 AM

What jetting

Ok, I live at about 490 feet above sea level. And have a warrior, and no one has been able to suggest the right jetting for my bike, only call this person, or fmf, we can't help you with your mods just your pipe.

I have a warrior Bored .080 85 mm JE 10.5/1 piston Stage 2 hotcam fmf powerbomb header. Titinuim 4 muffler. Uni Filter. My air box is closed, but will be open.

What jetting suggest. I think FMF siad everything should be the same except main jet of 150.

Any suggestions.

justhanginout 03-21-2008 11:03 AM

What jetting

that sounds about right to me. generally you want to step up the main jet to the next size and then kick ur fuel/air mixture screw out a half of a turn. and you might not even have to do that. i really haven't got into jetting mine yet i guess you can allways buy the jet kit that has the multiple jets so you can change out depending on time of year elevation ect. i think most of it isn't an exact science and you just have to tweek it here and there till you get the results that you're happy with. must be raining again today huh

pmcc37 03-21-2008 11:25 AM

What jetting

no pretty busy, but i got the warrior all back together and wanted to tackle my next project on the bike...lol

justhanginout 03-21-2008 11:32 AM

What jetting

yeah it's just another day at the office for me. this entire week has been one of those unmotivated weeks. i still want to take mine out and ride but haven't had time since i got it fixed and also i need to repack the cluth with grease or put a new one in after sitting it's shifting kinda hard. after that my next project is finding an older toyota truck. gotta have something to haul around the toys right. i had an 06 tacoma with 6inch lift and 33's but gas was getting a little out of hand and i commute alot. but then again it gives me an excuse to buy another truck

pmcc37 03-21-2008 11:39 AM

What jetting

yea. I've got to projects to bid.... And will get them done...

I know what you mean, i just bought a 95 chevy Z71 to hual the wheelies around. even though i drive a 02 duramax, i convinced my wife we needed it though.

I'm still interesested in the whole oil cooler thing....
Then a hauck clutch for the woly.... After the warranty is up and i get it paid off.

justhanginout 03-21-2008 11:45 AM

What jetting

well after i put my wolvy in the drink i'm pretty sure that voided any and all warranties i had. damn you got the big ole trucks. maybe a trailer would have been easier. i'm still kinda in a toss up between a hauck or an EPI. even though just sending it in to hauck would be just as easy due to my limited time to work on it. i guess it will be better once i get up here to VA and all moved in. right now all my toys are in NC and i only go there on weekends and those are consumed before i get there

pmcc37 03-21-2008 11:50 AM

What jetting

yeah trailer is next, I pull a gooseneck for work, but don't ever have one free for the weekends i go riding, and i cant fit all the wheelies on my 16 foot bumper pull so a bigger trialer is next.

That sucks, But I know what you mean when you are moving, I moved into my new place 8 months ago, and just went a couple counties, didn't have time to ride, fish, hunt or work on my wheelies (which is half the fun)

justhanginout 03-21-2008 12:28 PM

What jetting

yeah i'm just looking forward to summer and finding new places to ride so far from what i've read here there aren't to many places to ride in northern VA so this should be interesting

Raptor450 03-21-2008 12:33 PM

What jetting

Jetting should be about the same. Just keep an eye on your plug, make sure it doesn't turn white! The 150 main will take care of most mods, unless you put in a stroker.

pmcc37 03-21-2008 12:39 PM

What jetting

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Raptor450

Jetting should be about the same. Just keep an eye on your plug, make sure it doesn't turn white! The 150 main will take care of most mods, unless you put in a stroker.</end quote></div>

thanks... I'm going to pick it up today. $6.20 is pretty cheap I tought.