ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   My 660 raptor cooling fan has a mind of it's own (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/286091-my-660-raptor-cooling-fan-has-mind-its-own.html)

king_kval 03-24-2008 03:31 PM

My 660 raptor cooling fan has a mind of it's own

the tempature light comes on as soon as i start my 04 660 raptor.My fan only runs for a split second and shuts off,or it wont run at all.Does anyone know anything about this or had similar problems,and what was the cause.Do u think it could be the sensor on the radator(fan sending unit),or the fan circuit breaker in the wireing harness under the gas tank???????????????????????????

king_kval 03-25-2008 12:14 AM

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: king_kval

the tempature light comes on as soon as i start my 04 660 raptor.My fan only runs for a split second and shuts off,or it wont run at all.Does anyone know anything about this or had similar problems,and what was the cause.Do u think it could be the sensor on the radator(fan sending unit),or the fan circuit breaker in the wireing harness under the gas tank???????????????????????????</end quote></div>

does anyone know anything about this????PLEASE REPLY

TomM 03-25-2008 12:19 AM

Does the light stay on? Does the fan come back on when it gets real hot?

king_kval 03-25-2008 06:16 AM

The light comes on at start up,and stays on.If i rev it up the light will flicker,and go out but come right gack on.As far as the fan goes,it trys to kick on when its hot,but wont run for even 1 second.Ibought a new fan,thought it was bad,and the new one does the same thing.The thermostat is good,ichecked it in a pan of hot water with a meat probe,and it opens at 160 deg.

.................................................. .................................................. ...................
VERY CONFUSED

king_kval 03-25-2008 09:25 AM

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION THAT WILL HELP

king_kval 03-25-2008 06:35 PM

so i guess noone can help.thanks anyway................

king_kval 03-26-2008 01:11 PM

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]Problem solved.It was thefan motor circuit breaker.If the circuit is open it wont let the fan run.It is located under the gas tank on the left side in the wiring harness.It is blackand enclosed in a clear plastic case.It is hooked to two red wires with white stripe.Now i can ride.....YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.If anyone else has the same problem with this,check here first.

gdiddy23 06-08-2008 07:03 PM

how did you check it? I have an '01 and the fan never comes on? Fan is good, thermoswitch is good, main fuse is good and battery is good! I checked continuity of circuit breaker and it was fine? Manual says to check resistence (0 ohms at 20 deg.) isn't 0 resistance the same as continuity? Oh yeah and my temp. light never comes on