Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Well isn't that crazy

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well isn't that crazy

so anyone ever get their stolen ATV back. Well i had my wolvy stolen about 2yrs ago and being the junky that i am i went and bought a new one. well i got a call from some unknown police department about 2 1/2hrs from me today saying they caught some guy with my 4wheeler. what am i going to do with 2 *shrugs* just crazy

Old 03-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ride it like you stole it.. oh wait. some one already did. LOL

Now you have a back up while you get the wolvy worked on.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:53 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

You did not get a pay out by your insurance company? In those cases the recovered machine belongs to the insurance company.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:33 PM
Trailblazer

make that wolvy your work horse. i would go through anything that i wasnt sure what the outcome would be. or you can just make it your back up and take extra parts... or you could just sell it and use that money to buy mods for the one you have now =).

-----------------------------------------
2007 yamaha wolverine 450 SE
2004 yamaha blaster

Old 03-24-2008, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

that might work...it was just crazy getting a call out of the blue

Old 03-24-2008, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

My 660 was stolen and 3 years later I saw it in the back of a truck going down the road. This just happened last December. I turned the license plate # in to the police and they caught the guy a few days later, still with my 4-wheeler. My insurance company at the time (State Farm) gave me $5,500 for it when it was stolen. I bought it back from them last month for $500, which, it was already in my possession, because the police gave it back to me since I basically found it myself. They had no idea that it belonged to State Farm. So technically, I didn't have to buy mine back, but I wanted to do the right thing because usually when I do the wrong thing somehow or another it comes back to bite me. So anyway, I ended up selling my Warrior and keeping the 660. I took the extra money and bought some stuff for the 660.

So I guess we are two of the few luckiest unlucky people out there who actually get their ATV back.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

thats crazy that they sold it back to you for so cheap. i wonder if all insurance companies do that. it's like a 2hr drive for me to go get it though

Old 03-24-2008, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

i remember when my 4 month old raptor 700 got stolen. never thought i whould see it again and was looking at a big loss when 3 days before ins gave me $ they found it. congrads on getting it back. i know how happy i was when i got mine back.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

well it's been two years since i've seen it. i'm not even sure how trashed it is. or what they did to by pass the key or if they just ordered a new one. and then i still have to find time to go get it. it's actually almost more of an inconvienence than i have time to deal with. since i'm moving out of state and i'm only in NC on the weekends and i'm trying to pack and get things ready for the movers and such. then i have to get it up to VA

Old 03-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

I'll be glad to go pick it up! (if you let me keep it)LOL Does it belong to you or the insurance company?

Quick Reply: Well isn't that crazy