Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2008 Yamaha Wolverine vs Big Bore ATV's

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 08:36 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Yamaha Wolverine vs Big Bore ATV's

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Ledawg

ctateusa1: have you ever put that rear rack on. I still would like to see a pic of one. Im still on the fence about getting a rear rack. I woud love to see some pics of you have it on.

I have an 07 wolvy. I love it. I have to agree if you want lots of raw power go with a big bore. But if you ride in the woods alot the big bike will not be able to keep up with you. They just dont handle like the wolvy. I would like to see them come out with a wolvy with a 600 or 650 though. Not sure why but you can never have enough horse power.</end quote></div>

i have the rack for the rear with a nice box that holds two gas cans i would be willing to sell to you for a very good price.i do not find i use it as much as i thought i would....if you are interested let me know....it is the rack they sell on ebay for a little over a 100 bucks and i paid 160 for the box and gerry cans.....with shipping i figure i have 300 into the set up....150 and you pay shipping and you will be set up...

it is hard to explain what the wolverine looks like with a rack ..... i might have a couple crappy pictures i can send if you want...

Bill

Old 04-19-2008, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No I still havent installed it(still dont own a trailer). I will be installing it in about a month due to taking a trip to Michigan (borrowing a trailer to go up there to haul 2 quads) And then I will take pics of it.

Old 04-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>The Wolverine has NO low range or diff lock. It does have the Grizzly 450 engine-421cc. They both weigh close to the same. For my money, I'll take the Grizzly 450 for the low range, diff lock, and racks. You can't even carry a raincoat on the Wolverine. The Wolverine has NO low range or diff lock. It does have the Grizzly 450 engine-421cc. They both weigh close to the same. For my money, I'll take the Grizzly 450 for the low range, diff lock, and racks. You can't even carry a raincoat on the Wolverine. </end quote></div>

i hope you were just kidding about how you can't carry a raincoat on the wolvy. i have carried a gas tank on the back w/o any racks. just need a rope to hold it down. also, the wolvy DOES have great low range power, you shouldn't be saying things thats not even true and let the people that have actually riddin the wolvy to say things. i've only gotten it stuck twice in 1 year and those two times you couldn/t even get through there with a tank.

------------------------------------------------
2007 yamaha wolverine 450
2004 yamaha blaster

Old 04-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Trailblazer

Chevy 68 I would like to see some pics of the rack you have. Ill send you a message with my e-mail address.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: miw0lvi450

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>The Wolverine has NO low range or diff lock. It does have the Grizzly 450 engine-421cc. They both weigh close to the same. For my money, I'll take the Grizzly 450 for the low range, diff lock, and racks. You can't even carry a raincoat on the Wolverine. The Wolverine has NO low range or diff lock. It does have the Grizzly 450 engine-421cc. They both weigh close to the same. For my money, I'll take the Grizzly 450 for the low range, diff lock, and racks. You can't even carry a raincoat on the Wolverine. </end quote></div>

i hope you were just kidding about how you can't carry a raincoat on the wolvy. i have carried a gas tank on the back w/o any racks. just need a rope to hold it down. also, the wolvy DOES have great low range power, you shouldn't be saying things thats not even true and let the people that have actually riddin the wolvy to say things. i've only gotten it stuck twice in 1 year and those two times you couldn/t even get through there with a tank.

------------------------------------------------

2007 yamaha wolverine 450

2004 yamaha blaster</end quote></div>

I believe he was talking about an actual low range gear like the kodiak and grizz have, not low end power.