ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   The Warrior HAULS @$$ (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/300492-warrior-hauls.html)

69Purple 11-02-2008 08:40 PM

The Warrior HAULS @$$

I finally got a chance to take the warrior out to some realtrails and it TORE it up!! I also got it up to 67 on the road!!

Is there any chance this quad has some mods previously done that i dont know of?

I bought it from a friend who only had it about 2 months and he said the previous owner had the motor shipped off to Cali to have the motor rebuilt?? Any ideas?

Its also got enough power to pop up the front wheels when I shift into second and third gear. and I AM NOT dumpin the clutch and hammerin on it it really lifts up if i dont sit almost on the gas tank.!

Raptor450 11-02-2008 08:59 PM

The Warrior HAULS @$$

Sure it's running 67 mph? A stock Warrior will run about 55 - 58 mph. So if it truly does run 67 then it is HIGHLY modified. What kind of pipe does it have on it?

beefy46172 11-02-2008 09:02 PM

The Warrior HAULS @$$

Thats a highly modded engine. Sounds like its got about the same kind of spunk mines got, and my mods are listed in my signature

scrambler400enoge 11-02-2008 11:16 PM

The Warrior HAULS @$$

I bet he turned that little screw out on the back of the thumb throttle box.

Andrew 11-03-2008 12:36 AM

The Warrior HAULS @$$

why wont you screw it out? but mine went like 60 tops when it ran but mine is a 2004 and i got a IDS2

beefy46172 11-03-2008 09:25 AM

The Warrior HAULS @$$

For a Warrior to hit 67 you have to have a rebuilt and highly modified engine--period, the only other way is downhill with like 15/40 gearing

itch 11-03-2008 11:25 AM

The Warrior HAULS @$$

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Raptor450

Sure it's running 67 mph? A stock Warrior will run about 55 - 58 mph. So if it truly does run 67 then it is HIGHLY modified. What kind of pipe does it have on it?</end quote></div>

lol
a stock warrior will do 67 with the right gearing easy
the motor being" highly modified"has nothing to do with the top speed except how QUICK you get there

what front sprocket is he running ?
the power wheelies in the first few gears sounds like motor work tho

rich

69Purple 11-03-2008 11:39 AM

The Warrior HAULS @$$

Im absolutely sure i had my buddy runnin next to me in my truck and he couldnt keep up with me til i hit fifth gear and my truck is by no means slow. I didnt believe him myself i had him run next to me like 4 more times on the street it did good too. I expected a little headshake or somethin goin that fast but it was just cruisin.

The exhaust is stock but it DOES have a K&N style air intake i dont know how to check the gears or motor or anything.

beefy46172 11-03-2008 12:39 PM

The Warrior HAULS @$$

Uh, a Warrior really doesn't have the power stock to pull the taller gears to make it to 67, unless it was geared 15/40 going down hill--at which point in time there would be no power wheelies.

91Warrior357 11-03-2008 12:57 PM

The Warrior HAULS @$$

yea there deff gotta be some porting and bigger cam maybe, or a stroker possibly but its hard to say, and it having a stock pipe is weird too. i know mine wont do 67 but i have stock gearing and 20 inch rear tires, i think it will go like 60 exact but it gets there fast. i need to get a bigger front sprocket on mine or something i can top it out too fast. but mine doesnt pull wheelies by itself like that it will in first and sometimes when u hit second but third no way. i can cruise in third and crack into it and pull on the bars and it will raise up tho