Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior Stripped Main Jet Nozzle?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior Stripped Main Jet Nozzle?

Putting my Warrior carb back together i seemed to have loosened the Main Jet nozzle (the brass piece the main jet screws into) this happened while tightening the main jet.I have no way now to remove the main jet as the nozzle just spins and spins as i turn the main jet. I put everything back together anyway as it was getting late and i was trying to resolve a running issue. The bike started and ran fine.
Has anyone ever dealt with this problem?is it fixable or will i need a whole new carb?

Old 05-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds like the brass base striped out from the carb body. Before I did anything I would check and see if the parts are available. Sometimes those parts arn't for sale by them self. Other wise if they are; I would take it to a machine shop and see if they can drill it and tap it.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

id try to look at it closely where the nozzle meets the intake area venturi and see if u can tell if somethings broke, if its spinning i would think something is broke on the nozzle, when the main jets off you can tap the nozzle out and with the carb upside down it falls down into the venturi area of the carb, so the main thing is to get those two pieces separated without messing up the carb body(hopefully it isnt already) because most likely u need a new nozzle anyways. ill take a look at my spare carb parts i got in the attic 2mara and maybe respond back when i see how its designed more in depth...

Old 05-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Trailblazer

Lil update for you guys:
The piece the main nozzle is inserted into is just a plastic pipe that is inserted into the carb body. The way they kept it from dislodging itself was buy "keying" the nozzle into the plastic pipe. So what happened was the "key" on the nozzle broke off the keyway in the plastic piece, essentially rounding out the inside diameter of the plastic.

I was able to remove the nozzle through the intake bore and im going to try to just epoxy the nozzle back into the plastic and see if this will get me buy until i find a suitable replacement (or the bike quits running)

Old 05-26-2009, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

sounds good, i know i broke off a mainjet inside the nozzle on a wr430 i had and i used loctite super glue and glued the main jain onto the broken threads that were inside the nozzle and it worked fine and actually held up lol.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by 91Warrior357
sounds good, i know i broke off a mainjet inside the nozzle on a wr430 i had and i used loctite super glue and glued the main jain onto the broken threads that were inside the nozzle and it worked fine and actually held up lol.
haha nice. If you dont mind me asking, how are you liking the flipped front rims described in your info? ive got a Durablue+2 axle on the way to replace
my bent one and was wondering about flippin the fronts for kicks. Does it mess with the steering or anythin? Do you even notice it?

Old 05-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

it gives it a better look and adds to sliding stability, i deff feel a difference when taking corners specially on like a high speed track,steering is still fine, i used to have just the backs flipped but it handled a little weird havin the narrow fronts, i ride in real rough woods and fast powerline trails and stuff so i cant get any wider, few ways you can flip the fronts is by installing a really small valve stem or just flipping your existing one upside down then installing another valve stem on the other side.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Trailblazer

do you have a picture of the wheels flipped? seems like it would put a lot of strain on your hubs?

Old 05-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by webbl19
do you have a picture of the wheels flipped? seems like it would put a lot of strain on your hubs?
nah i dont have any new pictures lol, flipping rims wont strain hubs hardly at all, specially compared to spacers.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:15 PM
Trailblazer

i might try that on my fronts. always trys to roll over when i am doing dougnuts. physics are silly.

Quick Reply: Warrior Stripped Main Jet Nozzle?