Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How to determine Model Year? - Yamaha Warrior 350cc...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 09:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I said it should be right under the stator cover,behind/below your shifter.
Looks like a Yoshi sticker to me, about five inches from the FMF sticker.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Trailblazer

Are you referring to the spark plug? Or the spark plug opening? Or the spark plug wire / ignition coil?

I can definitely take some digital pics and upload them to 'my garage', if you could clarity a bit!

Thanks again everyone!

-Mike

Old 07-20-2009, 08:31 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry, Speedy, but you've got me a little confused...

"the plugs I'm trying to plug into"? Do you mean the spark plug? Or the spark plug wire? Or the engine - where the spark plug screws in?

There's only one spark plug (of course), so I think the 'plugS' (plural) part is what's confusing me. But again, if you could clarify, I'll do my best to get some more pics up ASAP.

I DO have a pic of the spark plug wire / ignition coil... I'll post that in 'my garage' right now.

I'll also go take some digital pics before it gets too dark out there - be back in a few!

Thanks again, Speedy - and everyone else!

-Mike

Old 07-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

I thought you said you were trying to figure out electrical connections. BTW you can buy new ends from yamaha. by plugs i meant the plug ends( for electrical components)

Old 07-20-2009, 09:07 PM
Trailblazer

Ahhhh ok - sorry for the confusion!

I'll go take some pics of the plug connections right now (and anything else I think might be helpful in determining the model year)...

What plug connections in particular - the ones under the seat by the battery, or the ones under the rear left fender, or the ones near the front headlights?

Also, can you think of any other parts I could take pics of that might help determine the REAL model year? If so, could you let me know?

Thanks again folks!

-Mike

Old 07-22-2009, 04:30 AM
Range Rover

no title? I know in my state its required to have a title....least in this part of indiana that is.....

and the "kink" in the frame probably isn't a "kink", sounds to me more like a grinder mark and they ground down pretty deep and made it look like a dent, the frame isn't thin there. IDK honestly how "legit" this purchase really was if there's no title/registration and certainly no visual vin number.......whatever you do don't get caught like that doing something dumb, it will get taken.

nice lookin warrior though, whish mine looked a lil cleaner.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

headlight is probabaly easiest.. just unplug it and take a pic.. also take a pic of the quad in general

Old 07-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Range Rover

should've suggested this in my previous post, but you should go buy the repair manual? best thing i bought for mine and just from checking a few of the pictures it should help you figure out roughly what year it is.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Speedy,

There are a couple of pics of the headlights in 'My Garage' in the folder titled '1950 WHAT YEAR IS MY Yamaha Warrior ???"

One pic is dead-on center, the other's from an angle. There are also LOTS of pics of the quad - from all angles - in that folder and also my "1995 Yamaha Warrior" folder...
Can you roughly determine the model year from these pictures I've already posted? Or do you need pics with more detail?

Thanks again everyone!

Old 07-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Trailblazer

Here's a link to an additional album I just created last night. If any of you guys can determine the model year by looking at some of these photos, I'd really appreciate your help...

My Warrior pictures from extreme sports photos on webshots

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Cheers,
-Mike

Quick Reply: How to determine Model Year? - Yamaha Warrior 350cc...