Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Hey guys, you won't BELIEVE what I did!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2001, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JIGA, give me a little time to think about trading if for a new Banshee . Drop me a mail next time you come up this way to go ridding.

Old 03-05-2001, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

dalegoldston,

By the looks of all your modifications (I assume you did them yourself?) you seem to be pretty familiar with 2 strokes. Maybe some weekend if it's convenient for you, I can go to your place or you come by here and show me how to take a 2 stroke apart and what all the parts mean. I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to engines (built a Nissan 280ZX w/ a Chevy 350 in HS ), but I've never had much experience with 2 strokes and would feel better if someone that knew what they were doing was around!

Thanks,
Bart
www.members.home.net/bartkim

Old 03-05-2001, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider

Have you fallen on your head since I have seen you? If so, do you want to trade your 250R for a Raptor??? I'll make you SUCH a deal...

Old 03-05-2001, 01:38 PM
Range Rover

I really bought it that way,but I have been into the motor with the help of a friend. I would be afraid to give much advise on motor work, I'm really a novice at it. We need to hook up at Jills track in Denison www.onward.to/jacks or TQRA has its first race March 24 www.serve.com/tqra. Maybe in a couple weeks I'm down right now waiting on new tires and some jets and reeds.

Old 03-05-2001, 01:56 PM
Range Rover

Bird, that quad is trick. I would have definitly made that trade in a heart beat. Have fun!!!

Old 03-05-2001, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

Raptorrider2001,

Actually, I think I fell on my head A LONG TIME AGO . Ummm, trade a 13 year old quad for a new Raptor...sounds good to me!

When are we going riding again? I've got one of the Prairie's here at the house for maintance. I was at the ranch again on Sunday. Have you ever chased turkeys on a quad ?

Old 03-05-2001, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

KyRaptor,

I'm going to look into getting a complete new tire/wheel set for trail riding. Any suggestions? Also, I got an extra Lobo swingarm in the deal that is set up for a skid plate. I may have it chromed like the one on it now and put a skid plate on it. I'm a little paranoid about bending the diamond cut disk and chain sprocket on a big rock!

I rode around the neighborhood a little more today and I'm getting a little more familiar with it. It's AMAZING how you can leave it pinned around corners and it will turn as hard as you can hang on! I really think it will throw you off before it high sides.

Old 03-06-2001, 10:26 AM
Range Rover

i turned down a lsr 250r,and a 99 r6, and 7000 cash,for my raptor, i had a 86 310r,i got a 01 r6,the lsr was the nicest quad i have ever seen the guy had 18000 in it but i have been there and done that one before,the guy with the r6 was cool but i have one of those already,and 7000 will not touch my raptor.did you give them your raptor plus 1500 for it?

Old 03-06-2001, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

dstevens,

Yes, I gave my Raptor plus $1,500 cash. Don't get me wrong, the Raptor is a GREAT bike, but I don't regret the trade for a minute. You have to keep in mind that a year from now your Raptor will be worth $5,000 and it will keep going down from there (similiar to what happened to the R1s when they first came out 3 years ago). The 250Rs - especially the nicer ones - have already depreciated and will actually increase over time if they are taken care of. If I start to miss the Raptor, I can always buy a brand new one next year - maybe even this year. That would be hard to do on a 250R like this one. Maybe I'm dreaming, but I thought it would be cool to hang on to it for a decade and then hand it down to my son someday. Also, a decade from now 2 strokes will be getting more and more rare - and probably even out of production - and that will just add to the collectability.

I'm with you though, I would NOT have taken $7K cash for my Raptor either. And, I've had a R6 (as well as a 9R, Valkyrie, and R1) so that wouldn't intrigue me that much either. The bottom line is to have FUN with WHATEVER you have!

Bart
www.members.home.net/bartkim

Old 03-06-2001, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

in 1988, a brand new 250r was $2895. if you can find a mint one, it will run you about $5000 or more. yours is worth a lot more. if you pass it down to your son, he will have a small forture. by the way, i would say i was your son for that quad!

Quick Reply: Hey guys, you won't BELIEVE what I did!!!