Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Don't use HRS to finance your Yamaha!

Old 03-28-2001, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure if HRS USA (Yamaha Factory Financing) handles the in-house financing for all Yamaha dealers, but if they try to set you up with them - RUN!

So far they have lost one of my titles to a Waveruner. They then sent me the form to obtain a title THEY LOST. The form turned out to be out-of-date with the wrong dollar amount on it. My check was returned from the state and said I need to send in the right amount. They still have not reimbursed me for the money it cost me to get a copy of the title that they lost.

They have some of the rudest customer service I have dealt with.

This is my favorite one...the due date keeps changing from month to month and I have my computer set up to automatically pay the bills. If the due date changes, it may end up a day late and they automatically charge you $29. I have since gone into the computer and changed the mailing date to nearly 2 weeks early. The funny thing is that it keeps being processed THE VERY NEXT DAY AFTER THE DUE DATE and guess what...that's right...another $29 - three months in a row now.

My remedy was to just pay off the loan and cancel my account. I will never use them again and I hope this information will help others steer clear of their lousy business practices.

Old 03-28-2001, 12:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have had nothing but horrible expericences with HRS. They offered me no interest for 1 year then turn around and change it (this was for a Dept Store Purchase) and I had the same problem with the due date changing and the late charges.

Also take a look at your credit report, they are very quick to report these "late payments" to the credit bureus.

Old 03-28-2001, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

Is HRS the offical financier of the Yamaha Credit Card?

http://www.yamahausa.com/01promo/011...omo_frame.html

Caveat Emptor

Hmmmmm?

Quote:

"This is my favorite one...the due date keeps changing from month to month and I have my computer set up to automatically pay the bills. If the due date changes, it may end up a day late and they automatically charge you $29. I have since gone into the computer and changed the mailing date to nearly 2 weeks early. The funnything is that it keeps being processed THE VERY NEXT DAY AFTER THE DUE DATE and guess what...that's right...another $29 - three months in a row now."

Now I could be wrong, but... doesn't it say in the FINE PRINT of the Yamaha ads that if a payment is received late that the loan APR rate changes to something like 21.9%? I think that I remember reading that in a magazine at the bottom of the ad.

In any event, it doesn't seem like the way to build customer loyalty for future purchases.

Old 03-28-2001, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

Thor,

It may very well say that in the fine print. To be honest, I didn't read it, but I wouldn't be at all surprised!

How about this one...I paid my balance off and it left me with a $80 credit and they STILL mailed me a $29 late charge. Ughhh!!!

Old 03-28-2001, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider

Thor,

Oh yea, I do think HRS is the official financing company. Too bad to have such a lousy company financing such a great product!

Old 03-28-2001, 01:36 PM
Trailblazer

What a relief! I called today to the dealer I bought my '01 Big Bear (pd cash) asking about an '01 Kodiak for my wife. Had them check with Yamaha to maybe finance it as opposed to another sizeable chunk out of the ol savings account all at once, pre-payment penalties , etc. They turned me down because of a bankruptcey 11yrs ago. Sounds like I lucked out when they checked my credit and found that. They told the girl that I had excelent credit but they still could not finance it. Lucky Me! Guess I will have to write another check..... Knew I should not have let that guy at the ATV safety course loan my wife his new Kodiak because it was easier to steer...

TL

Old 03-28-2001, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

TL4x40,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune from years gone by, but it sounds like a blessing in disguise if you escaped the wrath of HRS.

Old 03-28-2001, 03:49 PM
Range Rover

A little off subject here, but I was under the impression that a bankruptcy could only stay on your credit report(s) for 10 years. Although, it seems to have worked to your benefit!

Old 03-28-2001, 04:02 PM
Trailblazer

Yep, I thought so as well. Getting my free credit reports so i can check this out.....Funny thing though, called my credit card and they lowered my rate to the same as Yamaha was offering anyway. Maybe I'll just finance half through them.

Tim

Old 03-28-2001, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

I threw my Raptor and trailer on my Capital One Visa for "zero" interest and "zero" payments until September 2001. I payed half of it off anyway.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Don't use HRS to finance your Yamaha!