Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior idling problem trouble shooting

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 03:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior idling problem trouble shooting

Had a friend bring a 03 warrior in my "shop" because he claimed the carb is bad, it really wasn't. He never gave me a intake boot and so the old one was ripped a little bit. So, if you have a warrior having a hard time idling, and the choke is on and it idles good with the choke on, your problem is usually carb related, fuel, or the intake boot. I noticed that someone messed with a hose i put off to the side and it got burnt and fused shut by the exhaust, it connects to the carb and pretty much allows air to take up extra space in the carb so everything can flow accordingly. If it is burnt, remove it if it is too short, if it is long enough, clip it and reposition it. The intake boot however requires the carb to be pulled off. Always take the intake boot off and give it a good look over and sometimes a pressure test(blow into one end and cover the other with your hand. Replace the fuel with fresh fuel and add about 1-2 ozs of seafoam if you want, i like to just to help clean a little carbon buildup on the inside. Feel free to correct me or add any info about idling problems and/or solutions if you want. Just trying to help others out as I had to figure this out on my own.