Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha Warrior bogging down

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha Warrior bogging down

I have a 1998 yamaha warrior 350. About halfway through each gear it bogs down and acts like its trying to backfire. I can shift into a higher gear and it will run but then starts to bog down halfway through that gear! Any help?!?!?!?!?!?

Old 11-17-2008, 06:32 PM
Trailblazer

I would start by cleaning the carb real well... Your spark plug maybe be going the other way also, try replacing that...

Old 11-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Good deal! Thank you!!!

Old 11-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

make sure your parking brake sensor wire is unhooked, there always causing probs, if its not that than your carb might be a little gunked up

Old 11-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 91Warrior357

make sure your parking brake sensor wire is unhooked, there always causing probs, if its not that than your carb might be a little gunked up</end quote></div>

Sounds like it's easy to prevent the parking break issue by simply pulling a sensor wire instead of completely removing it and doing the block off kit? If so, where do I pull the sensor on my 2002 Warrior??

Thanks!

Old 11-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: chrisd0729

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 91Warrior357

make sure your parking brake sensor wire is unhooked, there always causing probs, if its not that than your carb might be a little gunked up</end quote></div>

Sounds like it's easy to prevent the parking break issue by simply pulling a sensor wire instead of completely removing it and doing the block off kit? If so, where do I pull the sensor on my 2002 Warrior??
its the wire that runs off your clutch perch and you just unplug it, it has a male and female connector and you just plug those into eachother and let it hang.

Thanks!</end quote></div>

Old 11-23-2008, 07:50 PM
Trailblazer

Have you checked your valve adjustment?

Old 02-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have read many forums searching for an answer to the same problem, and it seems that the real problem is the parking brake.
I have the same problem and I want a definite solution, and besides unplugging the cables from the switch there seems to be a plate that blocks the parking brake from engaging at all. The third alternative if you want to keep the parking brake is to keep adjusting the cable so it engages and disengages the brake properly, and the rev limiter is turned on and off accordingly.
I will adjust the cable first and see how long that lasts. If not, I will unplug the cables from the switch at the handle bar, and last might get the plate to block the parking brake completely. What do racers do? I donīt think they need a parking brake.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:22 PM
The Facility

I'm not sure if Yamaha still used this on 1998 Warriors,..but I know the older ones had a reverse ground wire that was attached to one of the bolts that held the reverse lever in place and it would loose connection and corrode which would cause the same problems the brake safety switch causes.
You just loosen the screw and clean that wire eye and reinstall it.
Just like the brake safety switch, it causes the engine to sputter at higher RPMs.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

where is the parking brake

Quick Reply: Yamaha Warrior bogging down