Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Bear Tracker bog down

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 02:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bear Tracker bog down

My friend got this Bear Tracker 250 and the carb was missing. He ordered an after market carb and I put it on for him. The ATV idles fine and revs up on throttle but, will bog down when you throttle on take off under a load. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bear tracker

Originally Posted by turkeyt49
My friend got this Bear Tracker 250 and the carb was missing. He ordered an after market carb and I put it on for him. The ATV idles fine and revs up on throttle but, will bog down when you throttle on take off under a load. Any help would be appreciated.
I had that problem also so there's 2 reasons and there simple first one is replace the fuel filter which only costs a few bucks the fuel filter gets dirt and sand etc gets in it so it bogs down because fuel can't get through. The second reason it might be doing that is are you letting the atv warm up long enough ??? Because if you live in a cold area you might need to run the choke for 30 seconds but don't forget to turn the choke off when you ride or yell do some damage to the engine

Old 02-13-2018, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

We owned a bear Tracker for many years, it was the wifes machine. Great little machine but was cold blooded as t took a long time to warm up. We would leave the choke on for 10 minutes even part way until it would stop bogging. There was a time when it never stopped bogging on acceleration and we found the rubber intake boot had a crack in it, had to replace it. The need the airbox cover on or to much air gets in for the stock jetting and it leans it out to much causing the bogging. If it is not a factory replacement carb then you will need to look at the jetting and see if it is correct. To lean or to rich can cause bogging down.