Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

No spark Bear tracker

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 04:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No spark Bear tracker

Hey y'all. I have a Yamaha ymf 250 BearTracker. I got this thing for free from people whose son tore it to hell. So it wasn't in great shape to begin with. i.e. no indicator lights (neutral light for instance), no ignition switch or key( wires were twisted together to make it run), get the picture yet?

So when it ran it ran rough and I got it running for a year or two, just something fun for the kids to ride on with me on gravels.

Now just randomly, the start button stopped working so I had to jump the solenoid, then put a temp start switch in. Kill switch would still work.

However, the thing has no spark what-so-ever. I've check continuity through the start button and it shows the contact is working, ohmed out the stator, everything is in spec, the reg/rec tested fine as well. I've replaced the solenoid on the off chance it could've been bad and the cdi unit as well, along the the little solenoid relay unit. I'm still getting no spark. The spark plugs is new as well and the coils to the plug have been tested and are good. I've tested and trouble shooted everything I can on this quad and no luck. I watched countless YouTube "no spark" situation videos and it's not helped. Does anyone have any tips or tricks I could try? Would really appreciate some input on this. Thanks!