Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor vs Cannibal

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2001, 02:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone interested in PINEWOOD DERBY stuff??!!!

I'm selling off my entire stock in ONE auction on eBay. Over $400.00 of pinewood derby cars, equipment, hop-ups, etc... and the auction starts at $1.00. (I know- I'm crazy).

So if you'd like to partake in this incredible auction- click this link:

Pinewood Derby - Ebay Item # 1681609455

Cheers!

Old 12-28-2001, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider

Yes the Dale has more "aftermarket" stuff on there but you can leave the pipes out of it. Yes they are FMF but that pipe sucks. It is so restrictive. I wish you people would listen to yourselves. All the Raptor owners are arguing that the Dale has more "aftermarket" stuff on it and that if the Raptor had the same it would kill it. Thats like a small guy vs. a big guy in a boxing match and the small guy wins. The big guy would say, "If I was as fast I coulda kicked his @ss." ... No ****! Oh yeah, I bet yall would feel real cool to beat a 440 with a 660. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] I'm not bashin, I like the Raptor and I like the Dale. I wish the Dale was as easy to maintain and that it looked as good as the Raptor, but I like the fact that I could race a 250 class more.

Old 12-28-2001, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

<< Yes the Dale has more &quot;aftermarket&quot; stuff on there but you can leave the pipes out of it. Yes they are FMF but that pipe sucks. It is so restrictive. I wish you people would listen to yourselves. All the Raptor owners are arguing that the Dale has more &quot;aftermarket&quot; stuff on it and that if the Raptor had the same it would kill it. Thats like a small guy vs. a big guy in a boxing match and the small guy wins. The big guy would say, &quot;If I was as fast I coulda kicked his @ss.&quot; ... No ****! Oh yeah, I bet yall would feel real cool to beat a 440 with a 660. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] I'm not bashin, I like the Raptor and I like the Dale. I wish the Dale was as easy to maintain and that it looked as good as the Raptor, but I like the fact that I could race a 250 class more. >>

Remember the Duncan 440ex vs. all of those Raptors. 95% rider 5% bike. The Cannibal has all the power I will ever need for woods racing.

Old 12-28-2001, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

yodaddy: i disagree. i think the point thats trying to be made here is the cost. people are having problems comparing, because the cannondale is not your typical stock quad. atleast not what we are accustomed too. stock vs stock a cannondale may win. But i assure you it is not going to crush the Raptor. if you take the diffrence and add that to the Raptor i think the results are going to change.

Now, i would like to introduce something even more interesting. Yamaha now offers the ability to add options to your Raptor. Clutch kits, proflo filters and jetting. Interesting stuff. If i were to buy a new Raptor with these options would that be considered stock?

Old 12-28-2001, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

<< yodaddy: i disagree. i think the point thats trying to be made here is the cost. people are having problems comparing, because the cannondale is not your typical stock quad. atleast not what we are accustomed too. stock vs stock a cannondale may win. But i assure you it is not going to crush the Raptor. if you take the diffrence and add that to the Raptor i think the results are going to change.

Now, i would like to introduce something even more interesting. Yamaha now offers the ability to add options to your Raptor. Clutch kits, proflo filters and jetting. Interesting stuff. If i were to buy a new Raptor with these options would that be considered stock?
>>

I guess so, but either way you still have a tippy quad(unless you get some a-arms and axle). I think the Cannibal will always be a better woods bike(what i do) because if you add the axle and stuff it is too wide. If you go with the lowering kit and the shocks that lower it you will be getting hung up on every stump. Basically, yes you can make a Raptor tear a Cannibal apart in a drag race with the right mods. As far as the handling, I think that is where the Cannibal shines.

Old 12-28-2001, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

Here's my theory on this matter, go ride both bikes, pick the one you like, and shut the fu(k up! Don't sit here and gripe about &quot;oh the Cannibal beat me because it is set from the factory to do so&quot; or &quot;The raptor beat my Cannibal in a drag because it has a big bore kit, but my quad is still better&quot; BLAH BLAH BLAH, let the b1!ching begin.

Old 12-28-2001, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider

The Cannibal lists for 7000 and the Raptor lists for 6500 you can spend 500 bucks on a mint full pipe but overall I don't think it's enough and you haven't even touched the handling and suspension issues. Don't get me wrong I think right now the Raptor is the coolest looking quad out there. I just don't think going above 500cc's is necessary. The engine in the Raptor came from a street bike that probably did well over 100 mph. So they must have detuned it pretty far as well as geared it down quite a bit to take away that much power. If the manufacturers ever gave us the full power of an engine like that we would have a quad that did 100 mph out of the box and more low end torque than you could deal with. In my opinion the industry gives us big engines just so we can say we have them. Their basically sort of giving us what we want. If they really gave us what we want there wouldn't be any need for aftermarket parts. I'm sure however if money was of no concern you could take a Raptor or even a 400ex and mod it to the *** and get it to stomp a Cannondale. At this point out side of an aftermarket pipe, sprocket or changing the fuel infection mapping there isn't a lot you can do to a Cannondale. If the aftermarket companies actually decide to make engine mods and big bore kits for the Cannondales watch out because it will be a rocket.

Old 12-28-2001, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

well im going to say i like cannondales looks and hope they dont change them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]...hopefully in 2 months a cannibal will be mine.
and also $500.00 in mods((the difference in price)) dosnt help at all.

when it comes down to it no matter which bike you ride the better rider wins!

Old 12-28-2001, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

The price differnce isn't that much. Who ever said that the Dale cost $1600 more than the Raptor, Raptor - $6500/ Dale - $6995. Thats MSRP, with tax and all the dale would be up around $7700 but than the Raptor would be at about $7200. I don't know where you got a $1600 difference. This may be kinda off subject but I'm tired of arguing. If the Raptor didn't have the detuned engine, I don't think I would have the ***** to ride it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] He11, the quad is lighter than the bike and if the street bike will do over 100, the quad would go... well, I don't know how fast it would go, but it would be to fast for me. To all you quad riders that make any quad go well over 100 mph. Hats off to you. You got bigger huevos than I. How fast do you think the Raptor would go without having the detuned engine?

Old 12-28-2001, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

Nevermind, I read the post wrong. Forget everything I said before &quot;This may be kinda off subject but I don't feel like arguin.&quot; My bad 3cross. Raprtor660RNH, if it comes built on to directly from the company to the floor, I would consider it stock.

Quick Reply: Raptor vs Cannibal