Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What is the best swing arm and A-arm mod for Raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 01:32 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the best swing arm and A-arm mod for Raptor?

Old 03-27-2002, 11:47 AM
Trailblazer

What's RPM's website? I'm also in the market for a-arms and swingarms, need to add some stability to this monster before I kill myself on it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2002, 01:23 PM
Range Rover

OK...Gentlemen, here is my results of my research on swingarms and a-arms for the raptor. I think that Roll Design makes the best a-arms (lobo 2) for the raptor...these come with specially designed Custom Axis triple rate dual adjustable shocks with remote rezzies...I have them and they are top quality...

As for the swingarm...dont get the billet one from RPM...it is only for drag racing and light duning...if that is what you do go for it...i saw it in person when i visited Jeremy and Dale at RPM and it is a very trick.

However RPM does currently make a chromoly swingarm for the raptor that is the best that i have seen yet ...It's a raptor swingarm with a 250r rear housing on it that accepts the 250r fully adjustable, tapered bearing millenium carrier, dominator axel, 250r race sprocket hub, and (gets this) the 250r antifade locknut...and you can still use the raptor rear brake disk...i also have this setup...There are only 3 in existence as i am writing this message and there is no part number for it yet...Mine is in the mail right now...I highly recommend this setup and urge you to contact Jeremy at RPM and tell him Donald sent ya...The 250r rear setup is the strongest out there now.

I personnally would not spend the money on the Dominator 2 axel...unless you are Dana Creech or someone like him..who jumps 30 feet into the air...the axel is the strongest on the market but at $600+ dollars for it, i couldnt justify the expenditure as an ameture racer...Most of the pro atv racers are using the Dominator axel...and that is the one i went with...Lonestar make a great axel, but the Dominator is better....

When i get my quad back together i will post my results of my first ride....should be great....check out my signature below...this is my race quad for the 2002 season in New England..

http://www.team-rpm.com/ here is the address to RPM's web site...but you wont see the swingarm I discribed above on it....but the axel, carrier and other stuff is....good luck in your search and i hope that i helped you out with this information....

herbdon

Old 03-27-2002, 01:23 PM
Range Rover

SRTCB,
I have a Tricked Alba Raptor and have some suspension suggestions for you that you have requested. Alba-a arms +2+1", Sanddragon swingarm +2" (alba carries), +3" adjustable
lonestar excalibur axle, Elka Triple shocks with remote resevoirs, revalved rear shock, and a pep steering stabilizer. There is more of course but this is the criteria that you asked for. I am VERY PLEASED at my setup.
Charles Artoux-Quadfreak

Old 03-28-2002, 01:55 AM
Trailblazer

I think the Lobo II front end is awesome, but very expensive. For a pro rider, that's fine, but for us amateurs, we need value. The houser racing long travel front end is the poor man's lobo II. It has the gullwing lower arms, uses the 19" shocks and is only around 8 or 900 dollars. Match that with some top of the line Elkas or TCS front shocks and you have yourself a fine front end, for a lot cheaper.
For the rear, the 250r stuff is nice, but it's definately not the strongest by any means. Look ar the swingarm of the DS, it's a tank, but unfortunately it weighs a ton, always a tradeoff. I'm sure that any good chromolly swingarm will do, get the shock revalved and resprung by whoever builds the fronts and you're good to go.

Old 03-28-2002, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

herbdon; i'm confused. how can you recommend the Lobo II set-up if you have'nt rode your Raptor yet? Your recommending someone pay for the most expensive front end...yet you have not tested it? never mind comparing how it handles through trails versus MX (which is what i believe it was designed for.)