ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   Yamaha special financing questions (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/61735-yamaha-special-financing-questions.html)

Kraw 04-07-2002 01:57 AM

Ok, Yamaha has special financing on all their ATV's right now. It is 3.9% and payments of $49 a month until Jan 03. Also, they say it includes upto $300 in free accesories. Anyone know what accessories that includes? Think I could get a winch out of it? I already asked my local dealer and he said the winch deal for 70 bux is over, but this was before this new sale started.

I am thinking I am going to get my Grizz here soon, get the special rate, and then at the end of the year, get a simple bank loan for ~7% (what they quoted me last week) to pay off that loan. After Jan 03, the acct goes back to normal APR of like 17%!!! I believe it is Yamaha's revolving credit plan, like a credit card.

Anyone have info/input on this revolving credit?

KNOWSALOT 04-07-2002 04:42 AM

First of all, I don't know you personally so don't think what I am about to say is directed to you and how you manage your money.

We repo more Yamaha's every year for Yamaha than any other brand because of this credit card offer. If one is the type who is always a month late with the payments or has inconsistent payment history, the credit card deal is a nightmare. I know a guy who will end up paying close to 6500.00 for a '00 model Warrior. The Warrior was only 4900.00 after the price of the quad,tax,title, and documentation fee. The rest of it was interest from the loan. They have all kinds of fees and charges involved when dealing with late payments and the such. This program is really the creditcard company from hell who doesn't let up.

However, if one is up to par on their financing, the credit card deal is a great program, it's just that the majority of guys aren't of that group.

There are tons of details with this program. You need to get a copy of the contract they use from your dealer, TAKE IT HOME, and read it. We care alot about our customers and don't want them to feel like they were cheated in any way, shape, or form. We strongly recommend that they go over it in detail and if they have any questions, that they ask us before signing on.

As far as the accessory program is concerned. The 300.00 of free accessories is good for ANYTHING> Helmets, goggles, racks, boots, oil filters, even spark plugs. It doesn't have to be a product actually made or distributed from Yamaha.

If at all possible, go with a bank instead of the Yamaha credit card. If you do go with the card, and you are good at keeping your payments up, then the credit card is not a bad deal. Also, if you pay a bit more than the minimum payment between now and Jan. '03, your payments after Jan. '03 will be much lower.

Kraw 04-07-2002 06:58 AM

exactly.. that was my plan. My payments would be low until the end of the year.. I would pay 2 or 3 a month. My note on my wolvy is 89 a month and I pay 2 a month, I am good at paying my bills on time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

So, I could use the 300 bux towards a winch too??? sweeeeet

As far as the CC goes. I would do that until say Dec, then I would get my bank loan at the lower interest rate. THere is no way in hell I would let them charge me 17.99%apr after Jan 03. I would pay off that yamaha CC by the end of the year with the bank loan.

Now, would they be able to stick me with early payoff charges etc? Does the interest accrue?

I am going to look into it a little more, but it sounds good to me. I checked on a loan for a Grizz and if I put down what I have, my note would be about 125 for 48mos... I am paying almost 180 a month now, so 125 would be nothing. If I get it for 49 a month, that would give me more time to sale my wolvy, then when I got ready to get the loan and pay off the Yamaha card, I would have to take out a smaller loan.

What does a winch cost from Yamaha? My 2000lb yamaha/warn for my wolvy was 350, including the mount and installation.

sorry for the rambling, it is 4am [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Blizzard 04-07-2002 09:21 AM

Hiya Kraw!

Time for a new quad, eh? COOL!

You're doing exactly what I did when I purchased my Raptor. Yamaha credit card while the interest is cheap and then pay it off with a conventional loan when the interest jumps to 17.9%. My low interest goes away May 1st and I'm planning to get a loan from the credit union for payoff. I wasn't aware of any early payoff charges from Yamaha, but will find out soon enough!

The Grizz winch from Yamaha runs $419.95.

Yamaha's ATV winch page

Good seeing you, Krawdaddy ... good luck on your new toy!

p.s. I just bought a Yamaha FZ1. The Dak has power, but the fizzy is much faster! ;o)

Raptorguy 04-07-2002 10:29 AM

Kraw,

Everything everyone else is said is dead on. The Yamaha card is great way to get a machine then and there. I got my Raptor for zero down and $109 a month for two years. I had a brand new machine that I didn't have to pay anything for two months(because of purchase date in relation to billing cycle). If you can get a single digit APR for the first two years do it. I had 12% for my first two years and even though I was making my minimum payments, the intersest on a $6700 purchase was roughly $90 dollars a month. So I was only making about $20-$30 of headway a month. I made a few big payments and then did exactly what you said get a bank loan. Try making a few larger payments, maybe two a month to the card, that way you can go to the bank for a smaller amount and still get that much lower interest rate.
Oh and lastly, probably most importantly. Mail your payments and statements the day you get them. I didn't have any real problems, but if you search the boards you see horror stories about the HRS USA claiming that payments were always received late. MAIL IT EARLY! And keep a record of that mailing. Good luck with a new machine and enjoy.

jdm 04-07-2002 08:29 PM

He is absolutely right. Mail the payment back the day that you receive your statement. I mailed my first note 7 days before it was due. My next bill showed a late fee. I called them and they said it was received the day after due date. (BULLSH!!) They agreed to take the late fees away as a "courtesy". They said if I was late one more time in the next 12 months I would lose my low interest. Anyway when my 24 months of low interest is up I am going to get another loan to pay it off. I have a friend who has a truck financed through the same bank that handles the yamaha card and he was told every month that he was late. He had to begin mailing his payments via registered mail to get them off of his butt. They are ruthless!

wheelyking 04-07-2002 09:24 PM

Hrs usa sucks!!!!! had nothing but problems,watch out.Had to take another loan to pay them off.

mjos 04-07-2002 10:44 PM

I don't think the $300 rebate applies to the Griz or the Raptor...you better check first.

Mark

Fendercover 04-08-2002 12:13 AM

bother in law just got a 660 griz yesterday, and the bonus money does not apply to the 660 griz or the raptor. they said that there is a high demand for them both so yahama does not offer the bonus money for these two. i personaly think that this is bs, but hey what are you gonna do about it. atleast the dealer cut them some slack on some gear and did not charge them any freight fees. (only because they were walking out the door to go to another dealer) but the low payment did apply, or atleast would have if they wouldn't have cut them a check for the full amount.

Mudrush 04-09-2002 11:58 AM

HRS financing womps. They stuck me with late charges several times in a row
even though i was mailing my payments earlier and earlier each month. i started at 7 days and wound up sending the payment 15 or more days early. The accounts are setup like credit cards with a 29.00 late fee. If you can't borrow maney on the
atv after it's used but can when it's new you would be better off trying to get it financed at a local finance company with monthly installments. at least then you will have a 10 day period after the due date before you get a late charge and then it's going to be less than 29.00. If you finance at a finace company you need to make sure that the contract does not have a "rule of 78" clause in it. if it does
you cannot pay off most or even a large portion of it and expect your monthly interest charge to go down. American Honda Does that. A friend of mine bought a 450es and then got a chunk of money back on his taxes, so he put it on his atv. the next month they sent him a bill with the same amount of interest due even though he only owed a 1000 or so. I know i won't do any business with HRS or Honda Finace again after hearing and seeing that.