Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptors now the slowest?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am so tired of this $hit. I 'm going to represent the Raptor kind this weekend. I might even get to box some of these punks. I'm so tired of hearing. "My friend has this guy who built his mojave that will beat a Raptor". I just wanna 8itch slap these punka$$e$.

Old 05-17-2002, 01:19 AM
Range Rover

<< I ran across a couple of brothers at Little Sahara a couple of weeks ago that had 400exs and there was not a Raptor there that could stay with them dragging. A friend has a very modified and fast Banshee and he didn't stay with them very well either >>

So nobody wanted to drive that slow.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-17-2002, 01:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Zombie-Let the machine do the talking.......

Why are the 15 year olds, so impressed with the cannons? There are a few kids posting cannon this, cannon that all over the boards. I rode one last night, i never found that 2 stoke/hit what ever. The thing ............never mind, you know the drill.

Old 05-17-2002, 02:35 AM
Pro Rider

Why is everyone so impressed with the Raptor? BTW, I'm 15, so I guess my opinion means nothing in this world, correct?

Old 05-17-2002, 02:58 AM
Pro Rider

<< Why is everyone so impressed with the Raptor >>

Well lets see, ummmm it stomps everything else out there. Now if they had a Raptor on &quot;The Fast and The Furious&quot; the 15 year olds would like them. I've come to this conclusion, it doesen't matter what machine you have on this forum.
If you got a 400ex, thats the baddest thing there is and it will stomp a Raptor. If you have a Cannondale, it will stompa Raptor. If you have a DS650, it also will stomp a Raptor. What I have noticed is a common denominator in these equations on all of these forums. The Raptor is the denominator. Everyone wants to beat the Raptor. You don't hear &quot;My Cannondale will stomp a DS&quot;.
Because noone cares if it can stomp a friggin DS. As for 15 year olds, I was 15 once. I did'nt give a $hit about quads, I was too busy chasin the nieghbor girls. I could'nt even tell you my damn home address at that age, the hormones clouded my judgement. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Thats my opinion. So hug my nuts.

Old 05-17-2002, 03:05 AM
Pro Rider

<<

<< Why is everyone so impressed with the Raptor >>

Well lets see, ummmm it stomps everything else out there. Now if they had a Raptor on &quot;The Fast and The Furious&quot; the 15 year olds would like them. I've come to this conclusion, it doesen't matter what machine you have on this forum.
If you got a 400ex, thats the baddest thing there is and it will stomp a Raptor. If you have a Cannondale, it will stompa Raptor. If you have a DS650, it also will stomp a Raptor. What I have noticed is a common denominator in these equations on all of these forums. The Raptor is the denominator. Everyone wants to beat the Raptor. You don't hear &quot;My Cannondale will stomp a DS&quot;.
Because noone cares if it can stomp a friggin DS. As for 15 year olds, I was 15 once. I did'nt give a $hit about quads, I was too busy chasin the nieghbor girls. I could'nt even tell you my damn home address at that age, the hormones clouded my judgement. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Thats my opinion. So hug my nuts.
>>

Yeah! What Zombie said!!!!!!!!

Old 05-17-2002, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider

Amen Brutha!!!!!!!!

Old 05-17-2002, 03:48 AM
Trailblazer

ok from the looks of it ill be the frist honda rider to say this . the raptor is fast the cdale is fast all the quads are good today . but just cuz you have a fast quad dont mean your fast . i run a 310r but there was this kid on a blaster that beat me at a mx track not cuz his bike was faster . but the fact he wanted it more than me the kid was side ways off of jumps i could see his whole bike at time this kid was just haling . i never laffed so hard durning a race . we came of the track did i give him his props . so yes a honda can be beat but you know i will never for get that race just to see some one work that hard . was a joy to see hell the next week i offerd him my ex for the night as long as he fixed what he busted .

Old 05-17-2002, 04:45 AM
Range Rover

blah blah blah blah blah, who cares they have the good and bad points.

the point is no one has the perfect quad. a raptor is fast a ds-650 is fast, a cannondale is fast. a 416 or 440 ex is almost as fast if not faster in some cases, but the right banshee will smoke them all [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. ride what you like and have fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-17-2002, 10:42 AM
Trailblazer

OK Let's be realistic. The original thread said that a piped and jetted Raptor couldn't beat a 400ex. Well thats just simply not so. Just like a volkswagon can't beat a Ferrari. Your bike is only as fast as your pockets are deep. So looking from a &quot;stock&quot; point of view, I don't know what the exact comparison between a Raptor and a Cannondale and a Bombadier and a.......etc. is, But you obviously have what you have because it was what you wanted at the time. But just because you own it doesn't make it the fastest or the slowest. Be happy you are fortunate enough to own whatever it is that you have. I have a Raptor because I like the way they look and am personally impressed with its performance. The only reason I didn't get a 400ex is the fact that for $600 more I could have 260cc more and a bad a*% looking bike to boot. Enough said.

Quick Reply: Raptors now the slowest?