Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptors now the slowest?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2002, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is bama400ex actually corndog in disguise??? don't tell me that there could possibly be two of them. I thought that was what birth control was for.

Old 05-24-2002, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider

The proof is in the pudding.

On a Banshee owners site (WYRIDERS) you can watch videos of several raptors at Choke Cherry NOTTT making the hill, a 400EX, and a DS, all not making the hill. Than comes a lone Cannibal, it makes it.

Not saying that the Cannon is the best, but it made the hill.

Smitty

Old 05-24-2002, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

Where's the site? I want to watch the videos......

RM

Old 05-24-2002, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider

zombie66or... grow the hell up... there is no need to launch a personal attack towards me. Your lack of control and manners just demonstrates your intellectual capacity to everyone on the boards. Show some respect and someday you may get some back in your direction, although you will get none from me anytime soon.

Old 05-24-2002, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

Well Alaska, my intellectual capacity far surpasses your crass and sarcastic posts. You are suppossed to be in Graduate school and you still can't figure it out. THE PIPE SHOOTOUT WAS DONE ON CT'S DYNO!!!!!!!! You chastize me thinking I'm a complete idiot and did not change the jet sizes on the CT pipe. CT ripped you off too, deal with it. As for a personal attack, well I did'nt mean to hurt your feelings. I am not concerned with respect from you, you do not snore in my face or pay my bills. You see Alaska, you start a flame then back out saying "Your So Immature and I'm not going to be like that" well you aren't the only guy with an Education on these Boards. "Reflection is the way to Ascention". Well with that said.

Hug My Nuts. ZOMBIE

Yes Thrust, all Yamaha owners can say Hug My Nuts. With the Exception of ones living in Alaska

TeeeHeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-24-2002, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

Uh... Zombie... some of us aren't that smart though, so could you take it easy w/ the big words? LOL J/K!

Old 05-24-2002, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

Zombie,

You may have found the CT kit to be a sham, but there are many others who have found it to be exactly what they expected.

Your finding that the Alien pipe produced more for you is definately impressive. Looks like there is more HP to be found in this bike.

I do not think the test was a sham. Reading the article many times, the testers admit that they layed out the rules before the test, and did the test to the best of their abilities. I don't think there was any monkeying around with results or graphs.

I do believe however, that the manufacturer's recommendations may not have been as well informed as CT, as Allen has done testing on the 'whole kit' he recommends. Perhaps the other pipe manufacturers don't have extensive info on which parts (lid, filter, jets) work best with their setups. Perhaps they just say given the airbox is the same, you need to up the jets 2 sizes to see the 5hp gain.

At the very least, you have to agree that removing the lid, using a filter kit, jetting up, and adding ANY pipe will bring BIG gains. 8-10 hp.

That is a far cry from the 400EX gaining 1-3 hp with the same mods.

As far as the CT claims, I bought the KIT. I know that it works together, and in an hour I transform my machine into a monster. I don't have to screw around with dynos, filters etc. If you found an extra 4hp with another pipe, great. The CT setup I purchased still rocks for me.

Some people, like yourself, will spend the extra time doing the extra work to get the most out of their bike. I think its great that you found more HP with another pipe. It just pushes the gains available without going into the motor. Raptor720 also has a ton of experience with dynos, pipes, and different setups. I don't think his findings invalidate what CT claims, it just provides more info on other setups.

Do you have a dyno chart for your results? I would be interested in seeing the curve, if you gained more all over, or just at the bottom, or top.

RM

Old 05-24-2002, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

Rennym,
Zombie does have dyno charts on the CT vs the DMC. I'll talk him this weekend and we'll show you guys the results. The reason zombie is so against the CT is because he ordered it next day air after the pipe shoot out to find out it put out less horse power and torque then his DMC. He spent over $600.00 on the CT to find out it was'nt all it was made out to be by dirt wheels, so saying that I hope you can understand why he's a little pi$$ed off.

Alaskayfm, Your the biggest chicken$hit on this forum! You go around starting flames and when somebody replies in their own defense you say their being inmature (that's a one way street if I've ever seen one). I think you need to grow up and if you want to dish it out you sure as he11 better be able to take it back.

"Jay"

Old 05-24-2002, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

Zombie66or, of the short list of people on this forum with more intellectual capacity than me, you are definitely NOT on it. I didn't chastize you, lol. Go back and slowly reread what I wrote, or have someone read it for you, and then let it sink in. I am not a mind reader, I didn't know how many times you rejetted and re-ran the test. I just don't believe the numbers that you posted.

<< &quot;Reflection is the way to Ascention&quot;. >>

Don't be a hypocrit...

velocityraptor, you can get up off your knees and zip up Zombie66or's pants now. You are one of the many idiots on here that add nothing to the discussion. Sure, you have an opinion, but that's about all you bring. I'm not a chicken$hit, but I'll flame back when someone attempts to insult me.

Too many people on here misinterpret a strongly worded post for a flame (personal attack). Too bad. If you think that my posts are unprovoked personal attacks that's your own problem, because until I've been targeted in some way they're not.

So, lick dese nuts zombie and velocity...

Old 05-24-2002, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

smitty911, I had 1 hit on my site this week and at least I know who it was now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, for those interested go to the videos section of my site. BTW, I filmed what I saw nothing more, nothing less.

Quick Reply: Raptors now the slowest?