ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   Stock Zilla vs. Stock Shee, argument ender. (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/65349-stock-zilla-vs-stock-shee-argument-ender.html)

Mr350X 05-19-2002 02:22 AM

Hey people, im usually not one to carry on a disagreement in this manner, but this one I simply cannot resist.

I am NOT flaming the Yami, I am absolutely not trying to start a flame war here.
I need honest opinions from people here.
This is a quote from the ongoing thread about the Z400.

"Mr350X, those 500s must just get faster with age because when they were new of the showroom floor they got waxed by 100% stock Banshees."

Repeat... this isnt a flame. Im just trying to prove to this forum newbie that the 500cc 2 stroke Zilla is quite a bit faster than a 350cc 2 stroke Banshee, stock for stock. (I know from first hand recent exp..... not from a 14 year old memory)

Thanks for any opinions you can offer.
-Matt

Thanks guys.

deepupenya 05-19-2002 03:15 AM

mr350- I like a man with a 4 stroke better than a boy with a 2 stroke. At my age you need all the strokes you can get. What color pants do you wear? Why do you keep posting this type topic? Feeling inadaquate with the misses?

1986SuZuKiQuAdRaCeR 05-19-2002 03:20 AM

uhhhh... okay...

Mr350X 05-19-2002 03:21 AM

LOL I was JUST reading your post in the cannon forum about the riding pants thinking... what the he!l? Then I get the email for your response to this thread.... haha

no, no problem with the misses. Just trying to sort out the memories in this guys head.
I too like 4 strokes. (the EX, the 350X, the 200X, the OTHER 400EX I bought brand new.. ect.) This is my second 2 stroke. First was an 85 CR125 Honda. A GREAT bike. Would absolutely change the mind of anyone down on 2 stroke reliability.

-Matt

edit: When have I in the recent past posted any topic like this?
Yes, I DO often defend the Zilla, if thats what you mean.

WyoDuner 05-19-2002 10:04 AM

mr350x, you own a Quadzilla you should know how fast it is, right?

Besides, just because somebody on here said a Banshee was faster hardly means anything. I think it's safe to say that 99% of people know a Quadzilla is faster than a Banshee stock for stock.

OK, now you can sleep at night.

charleyhorse 05-19-2002 11:51 AM

Zilla is a good machine and would have been the fastest if they continued to make it. Suzuki wussed out and stopped which killed the aftermarket for the quad. Yes stock for stock, a zilla will wax a banshee but you can work a banshee to well over 130 hp if you want. You cant get a zilla close to that unfortunately. If it was still made who knows.

I use to own a zilla myself (1990) and loved everything about it but the constant problems.

wshrdskin 05-19-2002 12:26 PM

Don't know about stock ones but, built ones haul azz. Was at Glamis a couple weeks ago and there were many built Banshees at the drags. Along came a built 500, it was toying with anything and everything, it was comical. All the Shees were WOT and the Z would roll up along side and pump the throttle once or twice check who's on its left and right and then pull away to the next group and do the same thing, then just open it up to the end. It was funny watching that. Of course I was in the first group, the built Banshees were scattered about up ahead and the 500 would always finish in front. JM2cents

1986SuZuKiQuAdRaCeR 05-19-2002 12:57 PM

<< Zilla is a good machine and would have been the fastest if they continued to make it. Suzuki wussed out and stopped which killed the aftermarket for the quad. Yes stock for stock, a zilla will wax a banshee but you can work a banshee to well over 130 hp if you want. You cant get a zilla close to that unfortunately. If it was still made who knows.
>>

ugh...

Maybe you should see Skyline's Zuki. He came to this Forum, but did not stay too long... He had a Zilla that is probably at 130hp, or past that... Since he last updated the site he's thrown a KTM cylinder on there along with some other things...

Skyline's Zuki

Imback 05-19-2002 01:29 PM

1986SuZuKiQuAdRaCeR, after seeing Skyline's list of mods i dont see how it could be anywhere near 130 rwhp, 100rwhp would be more realistic unless he has dyno sheets to prove &quot;your&quot; claims not &quot;his&quot; i must add...

Anyway anytime you can get around 100 rwhp out of a quad engine you know you got yourself a real runner.

scottd 05-19-2002 06:29 PM

I've owned both. Did not like the 'Zilla in any respect. Sold it (could'nt stand the constant problems anymore) and got a new Banshee. Never had any regrets. In my experience, there is no comparison; better in every respect. Besides, who ever keeps anything stock??? Just my opinion. Peace.