Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok I need proof to jason@xnote.com lets see them

Old 07-03-2002, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

<< Ive also seen it in action in the woods form . its faster then the raptor and setup way nicer . would ball park it with a blaze . >>

How was it faster then the raptor in the woods ? Just curious.

Old 07-03-2002, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

Ok like I said before that the raptor would smoke it.
if you go look at the specs of it you can tell by four things
1.weight - Raptor - 398, Predator - 415 DRY WEIGHT!!
2.piston - Raptor - 9.2:1, Predator - ???
3.power - Raptor - 660cc, Predator - 500cc
4.Intake - Raptor - dual 33mm Mikuni BSR, Predator - 42mm BSR

there is another one which is the OHC which the Raptor has one and the Preadator has two but that isnt gonna help much.

So all I can say if anyone gets one of those Predators is BRING IT!

Old 07-03-2002, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

<< Ok like I said before that the raptor would smoke it. >>

CTRaptor, Until they release the horsepower figures your theory doesn't mean much. To say that one quad will smoke another quad before it even comes out is pointless and stupid.

Man, you may be right...I'm not saying your not, but if you are it's because of dumb luck rather than your current logic.

Also, to everyone else...I would just like to say that sand45 had sent me 10 pics of the new Predator as well...they are deffinatly legit pics. Since I didn't watch him take the pictures I can't say that he was there, but it's just funny that he had them before anybody else on here did.

And regarding the slams that the original poster got...You guys may be right, maybe he is full of it, but don't be so quick as to jump to conclusions.

Last year there was a member in the Polaris forum that got the same treatment. His name is Scottboshia, some of you know him I'm sure. He claimed that the 700 sportsman was real when everybody else said it was a rumor. He said that he could get pics and nobody believed him. Finally one was posted and he said it was the real thing. Again, people were calling him a lier and &quot;Graphics Proffesionals&quot; were saying that the picture was doctored and all kinds of things. Scott took it well though because he knew the truth.

Well in the end it turned out that the pictures were real and that Scott was right. I don't recall any of the people who doubted him apologizing to him. It seemed that all of those guys just pretended that it never happend.

Again, I'm not saying that the people who claim to see it really did, but don't jump to conclusions so quickly. You want them to prove that they saw it??? Prove that they didnt'!

It's not August, but they are out there....there are pics to prove it.

-Josh

Old 07-03-2002, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

First off this thing is a paper tiger. I'm sure it's been spotted &amp; that the one prototype is very fast. What a prototype will do &amp; what the production quad will do will probably not be the same.

Isn't it funny that this secret new quad is available for some of the detailed pics we've been seeing? Remember the spy shots of the Raptor? No one could get within a hundred yards of the thing.
I'm also sure that ripitup works for the company that's been hyping this thing all over the internet looking for free publicity (which we all have been helping them do)He just joined &amp; one of his first posts is about this new quad that will kill everyone out there &amp; he doesn't have a email address so no one can contact him.

Kudos to the PR firm that's got every one talking about this new quad with out spending much money.
But until it actually hits the market &amp; we have some heads up testing I'll reserve judgement &amp; hope it's as good as they've got everyone thinking it is.
But until then we're all just guessing.

I'm all for new quads that will make the other manufactures get newer &amp; faster quads on the market. Who knows maybe they'll wake Honda from their coma!

Old 07-03-2002, 09:39 PM
Trailblazer

Could someone send the pics to calcuttasilver@yahoo.com? or could someone post a link? thanks!

Old 07-03-2002, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

Okay...to save sand45 some time I posted the pictures on my website. You can find the link to them here http://www.vermont4wheeling.homestead.com in the &quot;News&quot; section.

Sand45, I gave you credit for the pics, but if you want them taken down please let me know and I will do so.

Thanks.

-Josh

Old 07-03-2002, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

<< ok mr. piranha, if you read the posts correctly you would notice sarcasim a lot and we are not saying it is not true, because they could be doing tests. but I want to see the pics. and another thing you can think what you want about my stats and thing im lucky and not smart. But I know that the raptor WILL smoke it. >>

Okay, I guess I can't read correctly...point out the sarcasm in your posts.

Also I never said that you are lucky and not smart. I said that if you are right about the Raptor being faster it is dumb luck and not your current logic. That means that just because you said that the Raptor weighs less and has a bigger engine it doesn't make it faster, and we will not know until the first one comes off the showroom floor.

How can you tell what will happen until it is released? It's impossible.

Like I said...I'm not betting for or against the Raptor...this just proves the point that so many people on this forum talk about things that they don't know about.

To be honest with you...the Raptor is a fast machine....very fast....Will Polaris dare to make a faster machine in today's society? Who knows? The Banshee has been around 13 years now and now the Raptor and DS are out and aren't much, if at all faster (some say yes, some say no). With a few more tweaks Yamaha could have made the Raptor faster than it already is...why didn't they? Bombardier has a 155hp 800cc Triple engine in their sleds that they could probably squeeze into an ATV chassis....why don't they do that? Yamaha has a line of street bike engines that they could stuff into a frame and put 4 wheels on it...why don't they?

The answer to these questions is why I'm not sure if the Polaris will be faster than the Raptor...not because of the Specs that you listed.

-Josh

Old 07-03-2002, 10:28 PM
Trailblazer

i already seen those exact same pictures about a week ago on another forum,cant remember which one off hand,but i am sure some of you visit other forums,look around and you'll find them,may have been highlifter,not sure

Old 07-03-2002, 10:31 PM
Trailblazer

and another thing,sand said he seen it in action and it is fast,look at the pics,not one speck of dirt,that thing hadnt been riden

Quick Reply: Predator vs. Raptor- Who Would Win?