Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Predator vs. Raptor- Who Would Win?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2002, 02:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK guys..I took these pics myself along with my wife. Im NOT TRYING TO PULL ONE OVER ON ANYONE!!! just tring to pass on exciting information. I thought others would be excited also. I did not think that this thread would get so negative!As far as not seeing any dirt on the bikes well thats true. Thats becuse they were riding at the oregon sand dunes!!!I dont care what anybody dose with this pics. If i ever get the jump again on something new and exciting again ill keep it to my self that way people dont think that someone is trying to pull one on them. Yes i belong to other fourms and sent other this pics as well. CHEERS!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 07-04-2002, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

I don't like receiving these pics in my personal email especially after (obviously) seeing them here anyway.

I received 4 emails at home with about 3-4 pics in each one. Once I saw what they were, I deleted them all. I've already seen the pics and it does not impress me. I already have the baddest quad on this planet, so I don't need anyone trying to PUSH something onto me!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-04-2002, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider

Andrew, what better reason TO make a hi-perf quad? They have "sport" ATVs right now (the Scramblers), but there's no way you could call those high-performance without some SERIOUS mods. Why NOT break into one of the most profitable segments in the ATV industry? Really, it doesn't make any sense to keep making utilities when they could be making more money selling sport quads.

Besides, another manufacturer enters the fray with a pretty potent bike. Other manufacturers say, "well, we gotta beat these guys, we can't let these newcomers take us at the game we've been in for so long," so they try to make a better, cheaper sport quad. Prices go down, quality goes up. It's a win-win situation.
Why complain?

Furthermore, Cannondale technically has 4 bikes. Cannibal, Speed, Blaze, and Moto, all selling in different classes. The Predator (and it's 3 levels) are all intermixed in these classes, so how would Cannondale benefit from the manufacturing of this ATV?

Yamaha is in a similar boat. The Predator is, by all aspects known at this time, DIRECT COMPETITION for Yamaha's Raptor. It makes no sense for one company to produce two quads that are direct competition with eachother.

It wouldn't be a Suzuki, Kawasaki, or Cat, since they're all making quads off from the Z400 platform, and Bombardier has the DS650, plus it's DS650-on-a-diet. Honda doesn't have the ***** to market a new quad like this. It's gotta be a Polaris.

Old 07-04-2002, 11:44 AM
Trailblazer

didnt you guys read the post where i said i seen these EXACT PICTURES OVER A WEEK AGO ON ANOTHER FORUM?? do some research and i am sure you'll find them, i'll look for them later today and show ya'll this is just a bunch of hype,i mean it doesnt really matter,its cool to finally see some pictures that prove this thing is for real, but for people to come in here and say they seen it and they took pictures,well it seems funny to me that they are the exact pictures that other people said the same thing about

Old 07-04-2002, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

LOL, I'd be suprised if Honda had the ***** to market any new sport quad. That company has to consist of the biggest pU$$y's known to ATVing.

Anyways, to many people have been hinted that it infact WAS a Polaris. Polaris has also said that they are coming out with a 500 4-stroke with a manual transmission.

Mojaveman1 - No offense man, but try to use some periods and comma's in your posts. I have no idea what you are tryin to say.

<< back to the predetor i think it looks sweet and look click on the first pick look at the stator cover c them wear marks it was ridden alot and all this talk about it being a prototype it wont be the same as the production that bull $hit the prototypes were like a year ago if it is gonna be out within the next year the one that he seen is it i was never a big fan of polaris but i just have a feeling that this thing is gonna rip
later
>>

Old 07-04-2002, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

Marius, those pictures you saw were in the Bombardier forum and the reason they were exactly the same is because, they were Sand45's also. Give the man a break, there is nothing in the pictures to suggest a hoax and it wouldn't hurt to apologize.

Old 07-04-2002, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

<< didnt you guys read the post where i said i seen these EXACT PICTURES OVER A WEEK AGO ON ANOTHER FORUM?? >>

Man, Sand's original post on the Polaris forum saying he had pics was like 2 weeks ago....so what if you saw them on another forum a week ago because they were already out.

So what you are saying is can't be he took them because you have seen them in other places? That doesn't make any sense.

Here is his post from June 22....

<< I seen the new predator today some people in a great big white trailer were riding it toda .I got a chance to see it up close sweet looking machine. They did not let anybody ride it. They were riding at sandlake oregon on fri &amp; sat morning and then showed up at Florence Oregon for the aftrnoon.Tomorrow they will be at winchester bay ore. This machine is for real!!! There were no polaris sighns on it any wear and the guys did not want to say much.They did say it had great suspension and he said it put out 50 horse+ . They had 2 predators with them and the owners were from wisconson. If any one riding at sand lake and seen it speak up! >>

Why do you have to be so negative saying that it wasn't him? Prove it.

-Josh

Old 07-04-2002, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

Eraptoid.......You said GIVE THE PICS UP!!!!! on your first post ,so i sent you the pics .WTF!!! ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ??? Now you think im trying to sell you a new quad !! dude you have a split personality disorder go get help! Marius00 you take the cake for being the idiot of the week congrats!!!

Old 07-05-2002, 02:28 AM
Pro Rider

Hey could someone please send me the pictures of the predator. I dont care if you use my personal e-mail. THanks

Old 07-05-2002, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

Man, the pop-ups are killing me.....

Quick Reply: Predator vs. Raptor- Who Would Win?