ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   Is there ne way to get a Blaster up to atleast about 25-28 hp. (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/69541-there-ne-way-get-blaster-up-atleast-about-25-28-hp.html)

blaster19 07-10-2002 04:10 PM

Hey!

I was wondering if there was neway to get a bone stock Blaster to about 25-28 hp. I've looked at Vito's pistons and that's not too bad of a deal but is there something else that I can do to get that. I would apprictiate ne answers. Thanx![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

razormazer 07-10-2002 05:20 PM

Stock blaster is around 17-18 HP i believe. I think with a good pipe, reeds, K&N, you might get 5-7 HP MAX. I think in order to get into the upper 20's you would need a 240 kit. possibly even a good port job perhaps. do a seach on the blaster pipe shootout, im pretty sure i remember someone posting the results and you can choose a good pipe that away. Im sure that if you got a mild 240 kit without going too outlandish you could get those #'s.

KawasakiMan 07-10-2002 05:20 PM

umm...hetrick pipes,hetrick port@Polish degree key, 240 kit, reeds,carb,Uni Clamp on, that with some other mods should hang with or beat a 250R

RC350 07-10-2002 07:55 PM

It is possible to get to the hp you desire without going to a 240 kit.

While we haven't dyno'd my Son's Blaster, I would expect it to be in the 27-28 hp range, and wouldn't be suprised to see it a little higher.

A good port job, shaved head, pipe, reeds/cage, filter, timing advance, and carb should get you a considerable boost in power.

Even more power can be had with a 240 kit.

Regards,

Rog

Mr45auto 07-11-2002 04:57 AM

Before engine mods the chassis really needs to be addressed. My stock Blaster with only a pipe is taxing enough to ride on the stock chassis. It has a serious need of swingarm extension, shocks, and steering stabilizer. As to the original question I'm sure the Blaster could be made to easily produce that power level. I doubt it would be necessary to do the 240 kit, a port job, carb, pipe could probably get you close.

Hightower 07-11-2002 06:02 AM

Check this out guys -

Blaster Dyno

Peltrax 07-11-2002 01:14 PM

I would say a good pipe/silencer,air filter no air box,jetting,degree key,vito piston,and v-force reed ralve should get you there if not porting adds even more!

yamblaster98 07-11-2002 02:24 PM

i would talk to either trenga or trinity for what you want. though those vitos power pistons do help alot. my friend has them and they make a huge difference. but on what other people said if i were you i wouldnt just look at power but work on things like suspension, a arms, axles etc.

vooduuchild 07-11-2002 03:27 PM

I have to agree with the chassis limitations myself. You want more horsepower, sell the blaster, and get an ex. They have already proven themselves for the past ten years, and are stock near the horsepower you want. Plus, with the new Suzuki Z, the raptor, dale, the ex's price just keep coming down. I have a Z, and whoa, it's fun. I say go get yourself a 400 or bigger. Just my .02.

Peltrax 07-11-2002 10:34 PM

For 1400 you can get awesome suspension/a arms and a axle!