Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

worst part of trail riding?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I freakin hate the banana spiders that live in florida i usually jump off my 4 wheeler at any speed when i hit one!ANd i started wearing googles when i hit a beetle right in the eye at full speed oh that was freakin sic!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 08-12-2002, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

Banana spiders sounds pretty nasty?!!?! lol i just dont like getting hit by animals ppl bugs trees. but it wont stop me from going

Old 08-12-2002, 10:25 PM
Range Rover

I hate riding behind someone who rides too slow and knows your there and wont let you by! you try to pass them and they cut you off like they own the hole trail system or something! it's the same on snowmobile too.

Old 08-13-2002, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

whew there are a few things!
1. springtime. if ya have a raptor, you KNOW the front fenders are for looks....
spring here is ice and snow in the shade, and sloppy, muddy water in the the sunnny spots. so much for goggles!!!! i hate it!
2. those little potholes the dirt bikes leave in the shade of a tree as they turn to pass it.....man! bot a steering damper to avoid surgery to reattach my thumbs!
3. those clowwns who invite themselves into your camp and drink yer longnecks... then offer you a hamm's!!! i think there;s a law against that in Oregon!
4. ENVIROGEEKS who move up here and suddenly know more about the woods than the locals. if you have any doubts about THEIR effectiveness...turn on CNN>
5. It's the law to have a spark arrestor on any ATV for use on public land in Oregon. Guess who've been locked out of the woods? Guess how many fires have been started by ATVs in the past?
6. sorry for the rant friends, but i feel better now!
7.oh yeah, PIT RACERS. if you dont have the nuts to run it outside the pits, stay home and ride it around the yard!!! dont interrupt my trip to the john, or risk my kids ride on the little electric job ok?
8. Careful! will sick BlueRulez and the amazing pink barbie jeep on ya!

Old 08-13-2002, 02:32 AM
Pro Rider

I think that spider webs were the cause for the first "streak"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Here in north texas we have bumble bees that make hornets look like **** ants, well ne ways I got on of those in my shirt today while going through my woods ouch!!!

Old 08-13-2002, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider

Those 8 legged creatures put the fear of God into me! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2002, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

The guy that never pays attention. He is the one that is always riding right on you a$$ thinking it is funny when he hits the back of your quad. When the group stops he uses your quads brakes to help slow him down too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Usually he is the guy that is trying to get warranty work done for something he bent after he jumped off a cliff and he's mad because the dealer won't cover it. That also pi$$es me off is the people that tear up there equipment and say that it’s the manufactures fault for not building it stronger. You know the guy he is also the one who wants a 1000cc - 200 lbs. Selectable 4wd and is strong as a tank. But other than that not much. I don't even mind the spiders that much as long as there is no snakes I will be fine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2002, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

Rocks...god almighty, they grow like spuds here in the Granite State...i ride a trail system right from my back yard...as far as i can go on one tank of gas...i swear the only rocks that rise to the top are the pointiest and sharpest...because it's so trecherous it brings me to my 2nd complaint...riding alone...none of my friends would dare take their pride and joy where i ride...even if they would they would just hold me up. i can't blame them the rocks are ridiculous...what they roll over in 1st and 2nd i chug through in 3rd and fourth.

i go through 3 skid plates every summer...THats the life of a NH warrior. The Raptor stays on the trailor for track and pits with occasional powerline riding...+3 a-arms limit it.

Old 08-13-2002, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider

Having a large boulder bounce around your rear fender & denting/scratching your nice & shiny stainless Yosh silencer that you pride yourself in keeping clean, one of the few places you can keep clean!

Someone already mentioned this but I'll give it a spin:
Driving on the left side of the trail to avoid the dust from your buddy on the right side & having to slow down around corners to avoid getting nailed from someone coming the other way!

Oh ya, one more: getting a speeding ticket on your way to trail riding! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2002, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

Do you guys ever go road riding and if you have/do have you ever been stoped by the police?
03 power wheeles jeep

Quick Reply: worst part of trail riding?