Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

worst part of trail riding?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 05:30 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sometimes i blast down my trails at 2 am. The spyders have made webs across the trails. I usually see the spyders and duck one side or the other. On occasion i stop and rip the shirt off fast, looking for that lost spyder. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Is there a part of trail riding you do not like? I hate to be behind a shee on the trail, not the smell but the dust from the wheelspin.

Old 08-12-2002, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

i dont like the dust or the cob webs either...gogles help some what or a visor on your helmet this hasnt happend to me but i wouldnt want to come aroud a turn full speed and it antther bike at its full to:/ but you gotta enjoy riding!!!!
Trevin

Old 08-12-2002, 05:57 PM
Range Rover

Dust and smelly, stinky, green, slimy, oooozzzzzzy, stagnate type mud [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-12-2002, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

I'd have to say, guys on two wheels coming the other way, around blind turns, like they own the trail. I have at least one near miss each time I go out on the weekends. I go mostly during the weekdays now, to avoid them. If one of them nails my quad one of these days, god help them, because nothing else will...

-Big rocks that like to jump up and test my prm skids....
-Being the last in a pack and eating way to much dust (muddy booger syndrome)
-Getting stuck behing someone who is slow, in tight areas that you can't get around (they always pay when I find a spot to get around them)
-Shadows from trees that like to hide nasty whooped out sections
-Breaking a chain when you are 20 miles out, by yourself...

Old 08-12-2002, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

yup blue rulez you listed most of the worst things but i one of the worse things is when a bug gets in you helmet!!! or one time i got hit by a bird... LOL

Old 08-12-2002, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

well when i lived in NJ(where just bout every type of off roading is illeagl) it was when you ran into some barbed wire or a guy that lives near the trail trys to shoot you.. BUt out here in cali the worst thing is the dust.. but i ride at pismo in the sand most of the time...

Old 08-12-2002, 06:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I took a nasty hit by a big grasshopper yesterday. My imaginary helmet did not block it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 08-12-2002, 06:55 PM
Range Rover

I hate being behind dirtbikes. Snakes are every where around here its so nice running across one of them, stagnent water that looks like the best mudhole you ever seen but theres all kinds of **** growing in it so you stay away, we have this old set of railroad tracks we have to ride on to get to the best trails,people hate it so they like to put spike strips, barb wire big *** rocks, trees whatever they can to block people. That really sucks.

Old 08-12-2002, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

I hate those damn trees that jump in front of me!
I also hate mud!! It's a B!TCH to clean up & my Raptor doesn't really go through it that well any way. (if I wanted a mudder I'd have got a Grizz!)

Fortunatly 90% of my riding is on the sand dunes. But I still gotta watch for those "moving" trees while doing tree shots!

Old 08-12-2002, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

i feel your pain with the spider thing i always have to jump off and throw everything off [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: worst part of trail riding?