ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   Will a Dial-a-Jet work on my Banshee??? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/76753-will-dial-jet-work-my-banshee.html)

Rob4092 10-01-2002 07:22 PM

I have a 98 Banshee with an engine built by K and T.

The engine has been bored .75 thousands with Wiseco Pro-Lite pistons. I run a Pro-Design Coolhead with 18cc dome, Power Pro Drag Pipes and two Mikuni 34mm Flat-slides bored out to 35.5. My jetting is 33 Main Jets and 50 Idle Jets. I have two Uni clamp-on air filters,

Would a Dial-a-Jet work on my fuel system?

Are there any risks of burning up the engine?

Is it really that easy to install?

I was going to buy a set of Delta V-Force Reeds. It sounds like the Dial-a-Jet will do the same thing, but for a whole lot less $$$. Is this true?

I know nothing about the Dial-a-Jet.

Any info of a Dial-a-Jet on a Banshee would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Rob4092 10-02-2002 11:40 AM

Hasn't anyone tried them?

AlkyBurninX 10-02-2002 01:34 PM

I don't know anything about the dial-a-jet, but those carbs are simple to jet anyway. I am trying to find out how to get ahold of K&T. Can you please post their number or pm me?

hardlydangerous 10-02-2002 03:05 PM

Well for starters your jetting must be lean for the DAJ to work but it also should be within' 5-6 main jet sizes. If the carbs jetting is way too lean a single DAJ in each carb may not be enough to compensate. then you will need too or increase the mains a bit.
Yes they will work fine I have installed them on a banshee before. They are simple to install but you need to have the snorkle kit as well on an off road machine.

I would get the Reeds anyways. since they do not do the same thing... the reeds will allow a faster heavier mixture for more power the DAJ just supplys more fuel when needed.

Rob4092 10-02-2002 11:52 PM

Kim Muchmore can be reached at: 801-825-5870.

Anyone else use the Dial-a-Jet?

mikereeh 10-03-2002 12:49 AM

what is it exactly?

WyoDuner 10-03-2002 10:33 AM

Wouldn't a lectron be a better choice??? More expensive but easy to adjust and high quality.

Besides, I always felt the dial-a-jet was a little cheesey anyway. Sorry, never used either though.

SMW 10-08-2002 02:07 PM

I was also looking at the dial-a-jet for my banshee.

Nobody has tried this on a banshee???

ROB4092...did you get a price for the kit???

kuz28 10-08-2002 04:11 PM

i'm using a dial-a-jet on a warrior...installed last week after getting the courage up to drill into my carb. i had to tapp a fitting into the float bowl. insatll was a piece of cake...just scary. it took me longer getting the plastic off the quad than it did to install the dial-a-jet.

well hows it work?
the throttle response is much crisper...i still need to adjust. i've ridden it twice..ona track with small jumps. i noticed when chrging a jump in 2nd or 3rd i was getting better response when blipping the throttle...felt nice. i have yet to get it to 4th or 5th to see if i'm getting hesitation on the top end...but i like what i'm feeling thus far.

the warrior was an experiment...if i liked it, i was going for the dual set-up for the Raptor. come next spring i will be making that upgrade.

hardlydangerous 10-08-2002 04:25 PM

I put a kit on an RD350 street bike...
Same engine and it worked perfect.