Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Should there be oil on the flywheel of a yamaha warrior? ( is this even the flywheel?)

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should there be oil on the flywheel of a yamaha warrior? ( is this even the flywheel?)

No jeremy unlike the some of the other people that live near me i have some mechanical knowledge.. I helped build one of the fastest banshees in town. Why u get on here and talk like that when u cant even work on ur own stuff. And as far as team Ex goes there already is one u kinda stole thur name. and uhh ur not ridin a 400ex. as far as nuthin bein rite if i couldnt get it rite people i know did. And i never said i was in "Team Ex" so take my name off da list, i dont ride no honda im yamaha all the way(So is sarah).

-------------------------------
88 Warrior
DG alloy nerfs
Pro Circuit T-4
K&N Filter
Pro Design Air Intake
Duro Desert Rear Tires
Plastic Redone
Fresh Rebuild
Frigg'd up 3rd gear(New Bottom End On The Way)

Watch out team ex dont wanna get burned by ehe's bad warrior.

One Dark Day When the sky was blue,
Around the track the warrior flew
With a real loud rev, a scream was heard
cook got passed by a flyin white blur,
and on my number plate its writ
cook any bike u got cant keep up with this sh*t

Old 10-20-2002, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Should there be oil on the flywheel of a yamaha warrior? ( is this even the flywheel?)

Yes this is normal ,I rebuilt my starter a couple of months ago, as long as your not getting oil in your starter youll be fine.

Old 10-22-2002, 08:42 AM
Range Rover

The reason why I asked this is because this would be totally unnormal in a car or truck!

Old 10-24-2002, 03:28 PM
Range Rover

Yea, but the flywheel isn't inside a sealed case like on our bikes, and the clutch isn't in an oil bath either. I understand your concern, but in this case there isn't much comparison.

You got me thinking when I first saw this, but I have my engine tore down right now, and as mentioned above, there is a big slot where oil is meant to flow out into both cases on either side fo the engine.

Good luck,
Dean

Old 03-03-2017, 09:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default W

Hi kestion about 87 warrior is the oil from engine tuching the stater or just where the one way bearing is ?