Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster Problem....

Old 10-10-2002, 08:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaster Problem....

So my exhaust/reeds/jets/spacer/filter came the other day, I put the pipe/silencer on today because I don't know how to do reeds/jets so my friend is doing them for me tommorow, but latley my bike has been acting wierd, when I rev it, it seems like there is a strain on the motor, it wants to stall all the time.

I took it for a spin last night before the pipe/silencer was on and when I started slowing down from 6th gear it just dead stalled on me, doesn't idle either, will stall unless you give it gas, I am dumbfounded by it, it got wet the other day and I had to drain a shitload of water out of it, but it ran fine the rest of that day (Sunday)...

-Ryan

Old 10-10-2002, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

Where did the water get into exactly,the exhaust airbox????Might be a bad plug might be bad jetting,but if it happened after the drowning it could be somethin worse!

Old 10-10-2002, 08:45 PM
Trailblazer

The pipe went under, but it stayed running for a second then died. Pulled the plug under the bike and some water came out, then loosened a screw on the carb because my friend said water is heavier/lighter then fuel so it tries sucking water through the carb, the airbox was dry still.

Kicked it a few times and nothing, then a few more and it turned over. I never thought about the plug, anyone know what plug I should run in a 2002 blaster? I am gonna pick one up tommorow because it's never been changed anyway.

This happened before the pipe so I know it's not the jetting, but it's getting jetted tommorow anyway because it runs like *** right now with pipes on it, atleast it sounds good. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-10-2002, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

did it run fine before you put the pipe on? my mojave ran fine and idled but now it idles like a dirtbike and bogs because I put a peformance pipe on it The soultion is to rejet so it gets the right amount of fuel

Old 10-10-2002, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

Well I have funny luck with jetting, I bought a 146 and a 148. It runs fine on the stock 145, it runs fine on the 148, but the 146 makes it miss all through mid range, Sounds just like a two stroke.

My guess for what is wrong with yours, not getting enough spark (get a new NGK same as the one you have). You didnt mix the gas right, or it could just be the jetting. Maybe a jet is clogged. Just open her up and spray carb and choke cleaner through every jet and passage you can get to from the float bowl.

Old 10-11-2002, 01:14 AM
Trailblazer

For whoever asked, It was running like this for a few days before I put the pipe on, I only took it out real quick with the new pipe on it.

Like I said it may be a foul plug because it's never been changed in the year ive owned the bike [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

I'll try a new plug tommorow along with the jets/reeds and see what happends, hopefully that's all that is wrong with it!

Old 10-11-2002, 05:19 AM
Pro Rider

yeah i think yer right. finish the job [jetting] clean the crab out well while you're there, and install a new plug. i'll bet yer problem goes away.