Old 01-19-2003, 04:08 AM
RIP Dear Friend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The 4SW lie everyone fell for

Originally posted by: garyc660R
No hill shooting?
For Further Details See us at Wash 11 or at the Hill at 9am on Sunday

gary,

I will see you at wash 11 for further details on this.

If not we will go find some hills to shoot.

I will bring my ruger and you?

Old 01-22-2003, 03:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider

????????? LOL, I went the racing sucked but it was well worth the trip to meet all the forum members and see the machines.

Old 01-22-2003, 03:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yea,,, all you haters just step off. If you didnt go, you missed one hell if a good time. If you went and didnt have fun, well thats YOUR fault...

RoostKing...

Old 01-22-2003, 03:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Oh yea, thanx Chet, you saved me from having to dig around for that information form King Raptor...

Roostking...

Old 01-22-2003, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

You should have all the facts before you pop off. 4SW did have the prelim approval but when the required insurance went to the insurance underwriter they wouldn't/couldn't write the policy based on the risk /return ratio, do you want to pony 2 million of coverage and take in 3,000 for the risk ? Either did the underwriter,without that and the pressure from the enviro's on the BLM it killed the official 4sw. Before you player hate someone you probably never met face to face get all your facts.If this is all you can contribute to this site its better that you just lurk.

Old 01-22-2003, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

MichaelAZ,

Actually...if you want facts...

I received an email (I assume all the sponsors got one) from one of those (expletive deleted) environmental groups a week ago about the event which prompted me to call the BLM and to do some checking since at that point I had conflicting information about the status of the permit. I've never been to the dunes here in the States and I don't know anything about how they operate. According to what the person at the BLM office that manages the Imperial Sand Dunes told me on the phone, a permit had been applied for but was denied. I interpret that as meaning insurance had nothing to do with not getting a permit otherwise they'd have told me a permit was pending proof of insurance. But they were very clear the permit had been denied and that's what had been relayed to me in the email I received.

The only reason I took the time to call and check with BLM was because as CEO of ATV Connection Magazine I strive to make decisions (like whether or not I needed to temporarily increase our insurance coverage) with all the facts in-hand.
Also, if the eco-**** was wrong then I could have the distinct pleasure of telling them where to stuff their..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2003, 11:53 AM
Range Rover

If 4sw get's to much slack from the tree hugging blm about a little race once in a while. why don't they just take 4sw else-where and let somplace else reap the $$,that will send a message!

Old 01-22-2003, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider

Seems to me, FSW could be one of two kinds of events.... a non-commercial, unofficial, have a great time get together, or, an all out commercial, sanctioned, insured event (race). An organizer could arrange it to go either way.

I had the privilege of attending FSW this year (just as an observer, and to be able to ride and see the dunes at Glamis), and this was more of a great time, meet new people, show off your machine, get together sort of event. It seems, from the above post, that Mr. KingRaptor made it perfectly clear that this was not any sort of sanctioned points race in any way, shape, or form. So, anyone going there with that idea was wrong and has no reason to complain.

All (that I saw) who were there (including myself, who sustained a broken arm on the very first day) had the time of our lives! Since I didn't get to ride much, my hubby said he was bringing me back again next year for a do-over, and I can't wait!!!

BLM is just doing, and will continue to do, their job, which includes a certain set of rules. It is in our best interest to work with them, whether we like it or not, or they will end up flat shutting us down, as they already have in so many places.

just my .02

Old 01-22-2003, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider

I second the motion to move it to another place!!! Good call HELLFISH[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I would say move it to one of the last free states "Nevada" . Sand Mountain out side of Fallon. They have sanctioned events all of the time. Sand boarding ect. I've even seen vendors at these events. Just a thought and my .02$

Lowbowtie

Old 01-22-2003, 01:36 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Kingraptor,

I was not able to attend, but I sure have enjoyed reading all the posts pertaining to FSW.

It looks to me I could bring a completely stock 01 Raptor and have a good time too.

Chet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: The 4SW lie everyone fell for