Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Anyone riding yamaha doing any type of racing besides drag racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone riding yamaha doing any type of racing besides drag racing

just wondering i know yamaha isn't know for its mx or racing in general but there still is the odd shee out there or rap maby. lets hear you stories..lata
-cory

Old 03-25-2003, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

I mx my raptor, with the money I spend to keep it running I could have a 250r race bike and a pimped out 400ex...one for practice one for race...but no I'm a glutton and I keep telling myself my raptor will hold together for one whole race....SOMEDAY I SUPPOSE!

Old 03-26-2003, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

I flat track race a banshee. I am currently looking into an "outlaw" frame. It uses the honda frame geometry, A-arms, swingarm, brakes, ect with a banshee engine. The best of both worlds!!!

Old 03-26-2003, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

ya flat racing a shee still can do well i forgot about flat track i guess it would kinda be the same idea as ice racing except you don't slide shee's just make great power
they should throw the shee engine in the new frame that they have for the 450 and raptor tires just that would improve it greatly its not like its low on power just a little outdated

raptorjay ya i could see having to spend some bucks on a raptor for mx hope its a 02 or 03 if you spent lots of money on it

Old 03-26-2003, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

jay...but hey what fun is to be the same as everyone else [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2003, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

THe front end design is sooo much better on the R than the banshee.

I am trying to get some pictures and put them on my page. Look for them by the weekend. My TT bike is definelty more than just lowering with tires. It is +2, +1 A-arms, -2 swingarm, +2 axle, Afco shocks all around, swaybar, cut seat foam, etc. Set up to handle just on tracks.

Old 03-26-2003, 12:12 PM
Trailblazer

All last season I raced my EX at the local MX track and did finished 2nd overall. A few months ago I came across a deal I couldn't refuse. A man was selling a Banshee for a lot less than I thought it was worth. I took a chance and bought it. I took it to the sand bar and drag raced a few people and come to find out it ran like a top. T5 kit and a 12 tooth front sprocket is all I got and this thing rips. I kept mentiong to my buddies that I thought it would do pretty good back at the track but they said it wouldnt because it has no bottom end. To prove them wrong we went down to the track on practice day. No one who races pro was there so I had to race my 3 beginner buddies. A pro race is 7 laps, we did 8 and I could have done 8 more. After 6 or 7 laps on my EX I would be pooped. The Banshee lands better and goes through the whoops like a red hot knife through butter. Cornering is slightly less aggressive than my EX, but I don't care. There is no way any of the other pro guy's Rs will come close to getting the holeshot on me. I wish I would have had my Banshee last season, I would have gotten first place easily.

Old 03-26-2003, 06:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i ice race my 03 rappy. took almost the whole season to get it ready, but now that it is, i might mx or flat track it this summer.

Old 03-26-2003, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

I did desert racing in the yr of 2001 and place 4th in point series of BITD. only had one race DNF of Vegas to Reno race when the damn skid plate came off w/o knowing it. It bust the rear chain drive. Bummer on that one.
I will try again next yr series again of BITD. Pretty spending to go to the race since I live in the NW and the race are held in southern Nevada area.