Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

When you guys say the 400EX is underpowered you mean..........

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 01:05 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When you guys say the 400EX is underpowered you mean..........

are you guys comparing it to all the big quads like the raptor and DS or just to all quads.

Old 03-27-2003, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

well i dunno about everyone else but i just think they are weak and you cant even get a whole hell of a lot out of them even when built

Old 03-27-2003, 01:39 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Power where I would use it is OK.

For my next sport addition in how I would use the machine I will purchase 400EX. Top end doesn't matter.

Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Not true Beasty i have a 440 that takes out Alcahol stage III ds's on the hill the 400ex is old technology but also very proven too!! and yes it is still a contender[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And if you have any doughts i was at butter cup this past weekend with the RA guy's we were setting at test hill pulling a few drags when a long comes this Ex'er i seen right away he was nasty so i set back and let my buddies line up with him he put the spanking on ds's raptors and the whole gang i was laughing my a$$ off so i ran him and collected our respect back he was on a 426 exer and earned respect instantly[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Pro Rider

.....stock it doesn't have very much HP. lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but can be bumped WAY UP !! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2003, 01:42 AM
RIP Dear Friend

3 at once.

The 400ex

AZSAND LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2003, 01:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AZSAND, i was waiting for your reply, i knew it was coming as soon as i saw the initial posting. you tell him!!!

what we mean is that the 400ex isnt up to par with the other 400cc+ quads on the market today, in stock form that is. this is especially true with the big bore ds and raptor. for the same price, one can have a machine that is structurally identical to the ex and also has reverse, liquid cooling, and more power. im speaking of the z/kfx 400 twins.

you can make just about any sport quad competitive, theres just one question: how fast do you want to spend?

Trending Topics

Old 03-27-2003, 02:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Well if thats the case i did not know they still cost the same as a z-400 you know i would have to say it would still be a close toss up for me you see im a plain kind of guy and the exer just like the ds is plain and not to technical i like simple mech technology it just works for me!!! and who needs to back up??????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
As a matter of fact in school when the other kids would tease me my teacher.would hug me and tell me i was not stupid i was just simple [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

OH did i mention my teacher looked just like the I dream of genie lady i liked being simple and getting hug's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2003, 02:53 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: AZSAND
I dream of genie lady
Me too. I was there in the black and white sixties.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2003, 04:11 AM
Range Rover

The EX has its merits.
Its slower than many of the 400+ sport quads out now,but only cuz its not been updated when most everything else has been or is all new.
But its also cheaper than many new sport quads and theres a lot of room to upgrade its hp.

I love my 2001 400EX for what it does well.
Its easy to ride,seriously reliable,lightweight,and handles SO well.

I've found that the EX inspires a LOT of confidence in riding fast.

It just "clicks" every time I get on it.

Quick Reply: When you guys say the 400EX is underpowered you mean..........